Your best advice

Ok so I am starting over on November 3rd for the 2nd, 3rd no 4th time :::sigh::: anyways I would like you to post YOUR best advice so I can take it along with me on this journey. Any and ALL advice would be appreciated!

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Start now
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Start now

This, and then do your best every day. Plan ahead, don't waste your time on guilt if you've not done so well, just keep trying.

• Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Start now

short, sweet, and to the point. seriously, if you are truly motivated and wanting to change your lifestyle then there is no waiting, you just do it.

The best advice I can give you is find something and stick with it! what ever diet you go on or exercise program you start, stick with it for at least 1 - 2 months. your body takes time to adjust and if you keep changing everything up every week because your not seeing results, your never going to see much results. This is where a lot of people fail, they dont see results after a week or too and instead of making adjustments they just quit and end up starting again over and over. Stick with something, if you dont see results then lower your calorie amount and/or up your workouts. Always remember, no matter what diet you go by the main basics is Calorie in Verse Calories Out.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Start now

Exactly. Why wait until Monday when you can do these things today?
  • The reason I am starting on Monday is because I am going to start planning and preparing my meals ahead of time...Sundays are my only off days so that's why Monday is a good start date
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    getready66 wrote: »
    The reason I am starting on Monday is because I am going to start planning and preparing my meals ahead of time...Sundays are my only off days so that's why Monday is a good start date

You can uhhh eat a calorie deficit in the meantime ;)
  • joanna_82
    joanna_82 Posts: 151 Member
    Get active. Move more. Walk if that's the only thing you can do. Incorporate activity into your lifestyle. Make being fit and healthy as important a goal as weight loss.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Don't make excuses
    Weigh and measure everything you put in your mouth (even pre packaged food)
    Remember calories in vs calories out
    Consistency is key
  • SamberryC
    SamberryC Posts: 25 Member
    Be patient and consistent. Don't expect results over night.
    Document your progress in terms of weight, muscle size (if that's an aim for you) and take pictures of yourself to look back on.
    If you fall off the wagon don't use that as an excuse to give up. Instead get straight back on it.
    Work hard, there are no substitutes for that.
    Reward yourself when you deserve it (I have a weekly cheat day on Saturday, it helps me focus for the other 6 days of the week)
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Don't let a bad start to the day ruin the rest of the day! Don't pig out on breakfast and then think "I've already ruined the day, I'll pig out for lunch and dinner too!" That mindset will get you nowhere. Forget about it, move on and continue the rest of the day as healthy as you can.

Be truthful when logging. Buy a food scale and weigh everything, even things that are portioned in packages. Chances are they weigh more than they say, which means more food and more calories. If you don't weigh in you won't know exactly how much you ate, which leads to underestimating your calories. Don't use cups as measurements for anything other than liquids, it can be a very inaccurate form of measurement with solids.

Don't fall for any of the fad diets, diet supplements or diet pills! To lose weight all you need to do is eat better and control your calories. Low-calorie dieting, supplements and pills all end up being more damaging than helpful!

Like everyone above me has said, start now! Why keep putting it off? There's no need to wait until a Monday to start. Today is a good a day as any.

Don't force yourself to exercise if you don't enjoy it. It will just leave you feeling demotivated. If you want to exercise don't go for whatever burns the most calories, go for what you enjoy!
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Start now
    ^^^^^^
    (*) THIS (*)
    And remember, losing weight and getting fit is simple but hard. We all kind of know what to do. It's not rocket science, but I struggled for years. At day's end, it's a simple equation:
    • Eat Clean +Calorie Deficit + Exercise = RESULTS B)
    This only works when we do our part. Keep learning, gather your energy and make adjustments until you find your zone.
    Good Luck!
    <3
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    edited October 2014
    Just keep going.

You can achieve amazing results given enough time.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    I like "Start NOW!!!".. BUT... THIS is your journey, own it... NO ONE can make you feel, say, do, anything.. own your feelings, and choose them wisely... always take a deep breath or two.. to make those decisions... ACT don't react... BE honest with yourself... your world as you see it is yours as you have designed and created it. IF there is something you don't like? IT is in your power to change it... LIVE with intent and purpose... be kind to all you meet for everyone is fighting a hard battle... people may look at you.. BUT they don't see you... smile always and your inner light will shine
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Start right now. This minute, it doesnt have to be perfect but it's a step in the right direction. And you're one step closer than you were yesterday. It isn't easy. But keep going. Everyone has ups and downs. Life happens. Just keep taking steps forward. Every single journey has started with a single step.
    Good luck xx

• FlatWet
    FlatWet Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2014
    Don't think about it as off the wagon or on the wagon. It really helped me to realize that regardless of if I wrote it down or not, my body was going to respond to what I put in it.

You are on the wagon, like it or not. Just depends what else is in it with you.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Drink plenty of water and log everything everyday

29509743.png
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    getready66 wrote: »
    Ok so I am starting over on November 3rd for the 2nd, 3rd no 4th time :::sigh::: anyways I would like you to post YOUR best advice so I can take it along with me on this journey. Any and ALL advice would be appreciated!

what exactly are you starting.
    what made you fail before?
    need to do something different, have you joined a gym yet?

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Know what you want.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Realise that it's a journey. You will fall off the waggon—forgive yourself and get right back on track. Don't fall into the "now it doesn't matter anymore anyways"-trap and don't give up.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Prove you mean it this time. Im talking tangible proof. I'm talking tangible proof that you can look back at in a year and remember that you actually were serious this time and not just throwing words out there.