Your best advice

2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    you cry wolf enough times, you'll stop believing yourself eventually.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Start when you want but start logging now so you see what got you here in the first place
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member

Don't wait to feel motivated to do something you know you should do.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Set goals and undertake a lifestyle change that you are able to maintain.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    start now and do the following:

1. calculate your TDEE and figure out how many calories per day you maintain on.
    2. deduct 500 calories from that number and set MFP to that number of calories per day.
    3. buy a food scale and weigh, log, measure everything that you eat.
    4. realize that no foods are "bad" food is just energy that your body uses for energy. you can eat the foods that you eat, maintain a deficit, still lose weight.
    5. get on some kind of exercise regimen...walking, running, lifting weights, etc.
    6. repeat until you get desired results.
    7. sugar and carbs are not satan reincarnate....they are OK to eat..
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    start now and do the following:

1. calculate your TDEE and figure out how many calories per day you maintain on.
    2. deduct 500 calories from that number and set MFP to that number of calories per day.
    3. buy a food scale and weigh, log, measure everything that you eat.
    4. realize that no foods are "bad" food is just energy that your body uses for energy. you can eat the foods that you eat, maintain a deficit, still lose weight.
    5. get on some kind of exercise regimen...walking, running, lifting weights, etc.
    6. repeat until you get desired results.
    7. sugar and carbs are not satan reincarnate....they are OK to eat..

^so much this. Though, I'm secretly the super devil :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    remain-calm-and-be-patient.png
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Don't quit.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Accept that conditions will never be perfect.

Please take this in the kind tone it is meant in. Life is full of complications and complications can all too easily lead to excuses. You don't need to meal plan in order to eat at a calorie deficit. What is your plan until Sunday? Eat anything you want because you haven't meal planned? You have food now right? Eat smaller portions. Planning to eat out? Choose wisely. We are all on our own journey and have to be ready to make changes. If you're not ready, okay. But don't tell yourself that you have a limit based on a day off. This is a lifestyle. Things will happen. Pre-made meals will be forgotten at home, over cooked and thrown out. Vacations will come up, happy hours will get added to your calendar.

I truly believe that if you fight this belief that you have to wait, you will feel empowered, and that boost of confidence will get you a long way. Good luck :)
  • throoper
    throoper Posts: 351 Member
    Don't buy and bring home anything you don't really want to eat. If you don't keep junk in your house, you won't eat it and you probably won't be bothered to go out to acquire junk.

Try to get in some conscious movement (20+ minutes) most days.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,319 Member
    If Monday works for you then do Monday but I tend to believe when it is your time to do this it will happen when it is ready - even on a Wednesday. Best advise - make changes that you can live with. If you like sweets figure out a way to eat better high quality-nutrious meals and have your sweets or if you like to eat out, figure out ways to eat better during your other meals. It is a balancing act and expect sometimes to drop all your balls - but you can pick them up and start again (just remember the 30-second rule). Also - Get Active - I think this helps your overall outlook and will trickle down to your eating habits.
    -
    - Good Luck!
  • I'm guessing you're waiting a few days so you can eat all your kid's Halloween candy :wink:
    My best advise is to purchase a kitchen scale so you can accurately weigh and log every morsel you put in your mouth.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Start now

Exactly.

Also - eat food you like still. Just less of it. And realize there is no wagon to stay on or fall off of. There is only you and the decision(s) you make right now.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    1) Make sure you are getting your micro nutrients (vitamins etc)
    2) Make sure you are hitting your macros (fat, protein, etc)
    3) Create a moderate calorie deficit
    4) Stop believing rumours, i.e. eating late at night is bad, breakfast is the most important meal, etc.
    5) Don't deny yourself anything in particular. Use your calories as currency, and spend them how you like.