November Running Challenge

Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the October Running Challenge.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1460582/october-running-challenge/p1

Anyone can join in. New & Old. Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 140 miles. Don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until Wednesday October 1, 2014 to log your runs.

Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

So it will look like this after you post:

exercise.png

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Also, don't forget to join our group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    I have a half in less than 2 weeks and a full next month in December. So I am reducing miles big time this month and next.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    edited October 2014
    i'm not sure i'm going to do this right, but i want to join in...new to running here and a busy working mother of a two year old...

My goal is a 5k three times a week and the big goal (that I won't count here) is to be able to run a 10k at the end of the month....but i'm just going to count the 5k for now for 37.2 miles for the month....

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • Im in new to running my goal is 37 miles for the month.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    oh AND I want to start running in the morning rather than the evening, i can't freaking fit it in!!! So I have 3 goals. :)
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Correction to the post. You can declare your goals now but wait till Friday November 1st to start logging. Copy and paste error from last month.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Friday is October 31 :) I am planning to add few more miles to my october challenge!!! o:)
    So wait till Saturday, November 1st
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Oh, and I am in for 100 miles.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    I'm shooting for 400 minutes of running. My neighborhood is surrounded by tall trees and mostly in a valley. GPS signals aren't reliable enough to know exact mileage!
  • abern921
    abern921 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2014
    I would like to join! I'm starting small since this time of year I find it harder to get out and run. 24 Miles for me.

exercise.png
  • InnerInsanity
    InnerInsanity Posts: 13 Member
    I have social phobia so it's hard for me to get out and walk my neighborhood (and I don't have money for the gym) but my goal is to walk 3 1/2 hours each week (that's 30 mins each day).

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    I missed my goal last month and figured I was too burnt to meet my year goal, but a friend has challenged me to grind it out. To hit my goal I need 207 miles in November and another 207 in December. She says she will match me mile for mile... which means we have a lot cold winter running ahead of us...my ticker is for my year goal so I don't lose sight of it...

exercise.png
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    I'd like to get in 12 Miles (3 a week) I just started running so I will start small. :)
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    I'm in again for 30 - seems like a good number to me and I'm gonna push for it this time!

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for setting this up for November Stan. I've been bumping up 10 miles a month, but I'll go in for 100 miles this month.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    120 was a great challenge for me in October (haven't quite met it yet, but I plan to!), but I have a half in early November and am not yet sure how the weather will affect me (I hope not for a while, anyway), so I'm going back down to 100 miles.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,384 Member
    I'm in for 100 miles too!
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    edited October 2014
    i'm not sure i'm going to do this right, but i want to join in...new to running here and a busy working mother of a two year old...

My goal is a 5k three times a week and the big goal (that I won't count here) is to be able to run a 10k at the end of the month....but i'm just going to count the 5k for now for 37.2 miles for the month....
    Hi veganbettie! I have a 3 yr old (& other children) and I often get up at 4:45 to run. You're in good company here, everyone is so cheerful & supportive.

• ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    I'm going to repeat my goal from October....100km.
    I have my first 10km at the end of November :) All things going well I should pass the 100!!
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Been waiting for this thread! I'm in for 40 miles in November. It's dropping off from what i was doing back over the summer, but I'll be fitting in my runs around 3-4 lifting sessions per week and don't want to completely kill myself!
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    I missed my goal last month and figured I was too burnt to meet my year goal, but a friend has challenged me to grind it out. To hit my goal I need 207 miles in November and another 207 in December. She says she will match me mile for mile... which means we have a lot cold winter running ahead of us...my ticker is for my year goal so I don't lose sight of it...
    I hate cold weather, but I love seeing people accomplish everything they're capable of.
    I'm in for 207 in November. One question, If you run 210 in November does that drop December to 204?
    I'm still aiming for 200 in October so I'll make a ticker tomorrow.