Is is TRUE weight gain?

Options
Hi! Just 7 days ago I weighed 1.4 lbs. lighter. Today when I got on the scale I was so mad and upset because I know I did it to myself. I overate/ binged once. I had overeaten by maybe 700 calories before my binge happened. Which was probably 2000 calories. I am so upset, but that binge was 4 days ago and my weight has stayed up. Is this TRUE weight gain?

Thanks!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates daily and its probably water retention.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Unless you eat an additional 4900 calories over your TDEE, then it's not fat. If you did binge and a lot of it was carbs, its probably glycogen increases. And a body naturally fluctuates all the time. Weight loss is about long term trends, not short term. So look at weight at the 4-6 week time frame.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well it shows on the scale, so yes it's weight gain. It's probably not 100% fat gain though.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates -- don't let the scale terrorize you. Bingeing is hard to get a handle on but not impossible. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just water darling, do not let it throw you off your second guess your achievements thus far. Carbs and sodium can do that, very much flop the scale! Know that it is unrealistic, judge your physique on the mirror and progress photos ~ <3
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    In order to gain 1lb of fat you'd have to eat a calories excess of 3500. Your weight will flucuate daily, even during the day. Just look for the overall trend of going down :)