Timed or Not? That is the question!

NurseandMom1981
NurseandMom1981 Posts: 101 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
So I went to sign up for my 5k and this is the first for me as a runner. I did one a few years ago but walked. So I go to sign up and they want to know if I want it timed or not. I am just now finishing week 5 of couch to 5k and I can jog 1.25 miles without walking. I just don't know if I should time it so I have something to use as a starting point or not since I know I will be walking some. Tell me what you think?

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    If I had the option, I would do it timed just to have something to compare future races with.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    If I had the option, I would do it timed just to have something to compare future races with.

Yep

• NurseandMom1981
    NurseandMom1981 Posts: 101 Member
    I was just thinking my time wont be great but I guess its more for my own information then anything thanks.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    That is going to be a fun yardstick to compare your future progress to. I was excited to drop a minute off my first race time to my second. Your improvement should be really motivating.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    I was just thinking my time wont be great but I guess its more for my own information then anything thanks.

Exactly. Good luck!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    yes.

so you can race your ghost next time like on mariokart.
This discussion has been closed.