Lifting pains...

Got a new pain.

I'm used to sore muscles the following day, etc etc after a good workout. If my muscles ARENT sore, i know i havent worked enough!

But is it normal to have pain inside the inside of both elbows when i fully extend my arms? With my arms at 90 degrees, no pain, but the straighter i make them, the more pain in the inner elbow. It doesnt feel like a muscle or bone pain, more a tendon pain.

I dont remember getting it before, and its not a sharp pain like ive ruptured/torn anything...

Replies

• It sounds like epicondylitis (tennis elbow).
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited November 2014
    HMonsterX wrote: »
    Got a new pain.

I'm used to sore muscles the following day, etc etc after a good workout. If my muscles ARENT sore, i know i havent worked enough!

not true at all. You can work hard and not get DOMS.

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    What K double said. You can try using some elbow sleeves/ supports when you workout. This will help to keep your tendons, muscles around the elbows warm while you are lifting. It would probably be a good idea to take it easy with heavy weight on pull exercises for awhile as well.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I always got DOMS, always have. Maybe im not just cooling down enough, but it's become part and parcel for me. but this is different.

I think maybe a) I pushed too far, and (b) my body just isnt used to lifting anymore. I did some straight punches for like a minute, and the pain stopped. Seems to just be when they are cold they hurt going straight, but once they're warmed up, it doesnt hurt. Hope so, as i have bowling tonight! :o
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Have you checked your form? The pain you're describing doesn't seem like doms.
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    edited November 2014
    Being sore after every workout is not necessarily an indicator of a good workout. As far as your pain, Get a Lacrosse ball and perfrom myofacial release on your supraspinatus and infraspinatus muscles. Tight rotator cuff muscles can cause pain in your extremities. See if that relieves it. If not then rest it for a week. If it still hurts then go to a doc.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    So today the pain is worse. To describe further when my arms are bent to 90 degrees, theres no pain at all. But any extension OR contraction causes severe pain in my lower bicep/inside elbow. But, if i hold it in said position for 15-20 seconds, the pain fades.

Any ideas?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    HMonsterX wrote: »
    So today the pain is worse. To describe further when my arms are bent to 90 degrees, theres no pain at all. But any extension OR contraction causes severe pain in my lower bicep/inside elbow. But, if i hold it in said position for 15-20 seconds, the pain fades.

Any ideas?

This happen once when I was working out with a friend with high volume of bicep curls. It hurt for a full week straight and I though about icing it. I think you need rest from workouts. Also you say it does not hurt as much when you warm up. I always warm up before I weight train.