A little bragging and a big NSV (48 lbs down, pics)

Amy3935
Amy3935 Posts: 94 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
Last week I dropped off two dresses at a seamstress to have taken in for some upcoming occasions. Today, I went to go pick them up, and the seamstress was like "what happened since last week! You lost even more weight we need to take it in again!" So she took it off me and took in even more while I waited! Couldn't keep the smile off my face!

Just because I know you want it, here are the pictures of the two dresses before and afters. In the partly-lace dress, the before is from May 2014 (exactly six months ago today!), the after is from today. The other before is from October 2013. I'm 5'2" and down about 48 pounds overall. Most definitely still a work in progress, hoping to lose another 40ish, but still very happy with what I've done so far. Ask me anything and feel free to add as a friend!

dress2_zps17c75aea.png

dress1_zps7f0bdc87.png

Replies

• pursuittofit
    pursuittofit Posts: 97 Member
    Great job, looking good!
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Excellent progress...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Awesome job! WTG!
  • BancroftLady
    BancroftLady Posts: 43 Member
    Great job! You look great! Have you been counting calories, how many a day do you average?
  • Amy3935
    Great job! You look great! Have you been counting calories, how many a day do you average?

Thanks! Counting every day except Saturdays and occasional lapses. I have it set at 1200 but I average 1100-1400 depending on the day. And I do my best not to eat back workout calories.

• Awesome!! Great dresses by the way!!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    You should brag! Way to go. :)
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    Excellent progress! You look stunning and I love your dresses. :)
  • Congrats!
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    You look fantastic. Congrats!
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing and congrats!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Amazing work!

Off topic- was it very expensive to have your dresses taken in? I have a few that I really love but they look awfully big on me now. I'd love to get them altered.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    You look great. Also, it is nice to know that you don't have to say goodbye to lovely items in your closet - your seamstress did a great job.
  • kylilmom
    kylilmom Posts: 2 Member
    You look great! And the dresses are awesome. I am adding you as a friend.
  • Amy3935
    Thanks everyone!
    Amazing work!

Off topic- was it very expensive to have your dresses taken in? I have a few that I really love but they look awfully big on me now. I'd love to get them altered.

It will kind of depend on the items if it's worth it, and seamstresses range from super cheap to pricey. A lot of my old stuff I'm getting rid of but I really liked these two dresses and I have specific occasions coming up to wear them to. If you have a friend with a sewing machine they could probably do some of the simpler stuff as well.
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Hard to see the changes in your face :-) but clearly you have made amazing progress!! Keep it going!! Congratulations on your success to date!! So impressive!!!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Great job- you look fantastic! And those dresses look great :) Thanks for posting.
  • Amy3935
    docdrd wrote: »
    Hard to see the changes in your face :-) but clearly you have made amazing progress!! Keep it going!! Congratulations on your success to date!! So impressive!!!

Can't you tell those yellow circles are smaller and narrower? :)

• Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Brilliant! WTG
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Congratulations! I love these types of comparison photos too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!