Replies

• refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    edited November 2014
    I think I'm going to start Stronglifts again :|:D
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    I am 130 lbs ish

Squat: I have recently deloaded to work on form and am currently doing 175 lbs x 5 but have done heavier with worse form.
    Zercher Squat: 165 x 5
    Bench Press: 95 lbs
    Jefferson Deadlift: 260 lbs
    Sumo dead lift (I only restarted doing this because of back injury issues) I am being cautious because I have injured myself on this a few times but pulling 210 x 1, 190 x 6
  • jbowman9820
    jbowman9820 Posts: 5 Member
    I am 140lbs 5'4

1RM
    Front Squat 165lbs
    Back Squat 195lbs
    Bench 105 lbs
    Deadlift 205

Loving Crossfit!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    BENCH: 90
    SQUAT: 140
    DEADLIFT: 205
  • bnalong1
    bnalong1 Posts: 1 Member
    BENCH: 90
    SQUAT: 145 (x3... I haven't done a 1rm in a while)
    DEADLIFT: 245
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I'm 115ish and 5'1"

These are 5x8:

Bench: 100 (just got there last week, woohoo!)
    Squat: 245 is my working weight, but my PR is 275
    Deadlift: 185 (my grip is terrible)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    I just started 2.5 weeks ago.

Squat - 90lb
    Bench - 70 (attempted 75 this week and failed miserably. Still ticked off about it)
    Deadlift - 110

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Sandigesha wrote: »
    So I was reading posts on this thread, at frst I was WTF like woooow, I started being anxious, then I became depressed, then I reached out for the knife... then I realized that lb

Right???? I felt the same way!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Bench: 75
    Squat: 185
    Dead: 165
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Started a month ago. My plan is modified now since I'm pregnant, but these are my working numbers.

Squat: 65 (Bad knee. Shut up, I'm working on it.)
    Dead: 145
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Bench 90
    Squat 125
    Dead 165

Am 5'7", 139 lbs...based on 3x5's...
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Not sure of my 1RM but these are all 8-10 reps:

I'm 5'1" and 115 lbs

Deadlift: 155
    Squat: 275

Been lifting for 8 months. My deadlift sucks, because I'm having grip trouble.

wait- you can rep 275 squat for 8/10 reps but can't pull a 200 pound dead lift?

holy crap. that's odd.

Try mix grip- and chalk.

Yeah. I've never seen anyone with numbers like that are you squatting to full depth with free weights?

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but for comparison, one of the best unequipped women in Canada (ranked second) around that body weight squatted 235 for 15 once and maxed at 297 for a single at a meet. It could be real but it would be an outlier for sure.

Yeah I hate calling bull out and out- but either that's a typo- she's a liar- or a genetic freak.

or we are missing something- like it's not a free weight squat.

I am happy to be squatting 245 this weekend as a 1 rpm- and I"m not weak. 8 months to be repping 275 just... lots of red flags.
    Yeah I'll raise the BS flag on that too. 275 lbs for reps out of 115 lbs woman? Definitely not full squats.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    So inspiring to see all the weights you guys can shift!!

I do a lot of high rep work at the moment (i.e. Body Pump, but with relatively decent weights 20kg for back track) but I really want to get into lifting, I'm a bit scared to go out in the gym by myself!! Did you guys get PT's or anything for your first sessions?

No I just researched online and went for it. Not many things scare me.

Yup. All you need is the internet, weight set, and a rack. Youtube is your friend.
  • BENCH: 105lbs 12X4/ MAX BENCH 125lbs
    SQUAT: 125lbs 10X4/ Max Squat 165lbs
    DEADLIFT: (Still getting my form down) 75lbs 10X4/ MAX DEAD 105lbs
    YAY FOR BEASTETTE LIFTING LADIES!!!!!!! :D
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    edited November 2014
    FrenchMob wrote: »

I'm 5'1" and 115 lbs

holy crap. that's odd.

Try mix grip- and chalk.

Yeah. I've never seen anyone with numbers like that are you squatting to full depth with free weights?

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but for comparison, one of the best unequipped women in Canada (ranked second) around that body weight squatted 235 for 15 once and maxed at 297 for a single at a meet. It could be real but it would be an outlier for sure.

Yeah I hate calling bull out and out- but either that's a typo- she's a liar- or a genetic freak.

I am happy to be squatting 245 this weekend as a 1 rpm- and I"m not weak. 8 months to be repping 275 just... lots of red flags.
    Yeah I'll raise the BS flag on that too. 275 lbs for reps out of 115 lbs woman? Definitely not full squats.

Not BS, and I say 8 months because that's how long I've been doing a proper progressive loading program. I have been athletic my entire 30 years of life however, so not exactly starting from zero. I was at 135 my first time in the rack after form was established. That was my starting point.

I guess I should have clarified that these are not ATG, but to parallel, as that's how I was trained (and continue to be advised.) Also wear a belt for my heaviest set. I don't really see how this is so unbelievable.

Sucks a little extra to come back and read this, since it was one of y'all quoted up there who inspired me to head down this path last year. I'm willing to eat humble pie if I'm doing something wrong, but I'll go ahead and continue to be proud of myself, and put aside my massive amount of butthurt.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    I just started Stronglifts 2 weeks ago.

Never imagined seeing so many triple digit numbers! I'm very impressed. Now I know what to work towards.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    giggitygoo wrote: »

I'm 5'1" and 115 lbs

holy crap. that's odd.

Try mix grip- and chalk.

Not BS, and I say 8 months because that's how long I've been doing a proper progressive loading program. I have been athletic my entire 30 years of life however, so not exactly starting from zero. I was at 135 my first time in the rack after form was established. That was my starting point.

I guess I should have clarified that these are not ATG, but to parallel, as that's how I was trained (and continue to be advised.) Also wear a belt for my heaviest set. I don't really see how this is so unbelievable.

Sucks a little extra to come back and read this, since it was one of y'all quoted up there who inspired me to head down this path last year. I'm willing to eat humble pie if I'm doing something wrong, but I'll go ahead and continue to be proud of myself, and put aside my massive amount of butthurt.

Video will prove yourself and we can critique form.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    giggitygoo wrote: »

I'm 5'1" and 115 lbs

holy crap. that's odd.

Try mix grip- and chalk.

it's just a little flag raising- there area lot of competitive lifters here who have been training for a long time hitting numbers like that for their one rep max- do rep out 15 at 275 is REALLY impressive- like- eyebrow raising.

A video would be nice and I'm not saying that as in- show us or else- just saying it would be nice to see it done (plus really- watching girls squat is a win no matter which way you hack it) but really if you have faith in yourself- then that's all that matters. you don't OWE us anything.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited November 2014
    I'll be honest, I could not squat 275lbs to parallel for a 15 rep count.

If she posts a video of that, I'd be the 1st to say "that's great!"
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Exactly- Id' be super pumped for her- I mean I still start yelling and counting watch the Tom Platz video- and I've seen it about a dozen times LOL....

I just hate to be the guy that says- prove it. LOL- but it would be great to see.