"Counting calories is sad"...

Replies

• Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    You know what else is repetitive and mundane and boring? Dental hygiene.
    With love,
    Burt
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    my partner jokes that its sad to log food but hey it works and Im sticking to it. I think once people see you having results they will quit moaning/laughing! I gained back most of my weight after a hard year so I don't blame my partner jokin, but I will prove him wrong!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    unless he is always saying something to you about it, I don't really see the big deal, just brush it off. I'm a SUPER sensitive person, and get offended fairly easily...and I think you might be being a little too sensitive....

granted I suppose I don't know the whole story, but just brush it off, no big deal.. There's going to be a lot of stuff like that in your life.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Counting calories is not sad. You know what's sad? Firefly got ONE season. That's sad.

Your friend needs to sort out his priorities.
  • That happened to me last night. I didn't want to eat some huge calzone because I wouldn't be able to log it (I didn't know the nutritional facts.) My friend, who had offered it to me, said, "I don't really approve of what you're doing, but I respect it." The way she said it though...I didn't really feel the "respect." I felt pretty stupid, but I just told myself that if my friend just can't see it from my point of view. I'm sure that if she was in my position, she'd understand. Try thinking about the fact that you're going to feel better, healthier and happier. If that's sad, then I don't want to know what your friend thinks is the antithesis.
    You can do it!
    Also, maybe try not to hang around this friend, since you said he's annoying. Or tell him straight out how bad it made you feel. Nothing wrong with honest communication...not enough of it these days.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Have you ever met a hater doing better than you?....yea, me neither.

Actually, I have! They're sh*tty people. There's always one person around me that fears others becoming "better" than them.

Better than you? I highly doubt that. You're a rock star-beastess and attractive to boot. Me thinks you are mis-informed.

Wow, thank you!

I mostly meant folks that are more athletic, and generally, more competitive in nature. Some people think every facet of life is a contest, and that they must win it.
  • Burt_Huttz wrote: »
    You know what else is repetitive and mundane and boring? Dental hygiene.
    With love,
    Burt
    QFT. I'm stealing this one.

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I get this from my husband all the time, especially if I'm measuring my food. He'll say "You're obsessive," or, "Why not try just eyeballing it." Since he's got quite a few lbs. to lose, I say, "How's that working for you?" He has a good sense of humor, so we can laugh about it.
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    When it comes to negativity, all you can really do is ignore ignore ignore.
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    When it comes to negativity, all you can really do is ignore ignore ignore.

Or throw poo. You can always throw poo.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    I would have said "So is your mother."
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Option 1:
    annoying friend "that's so sad"
    .... look up slowly.

slow blink.

you: "so are you- but I keep you around anyway"

look back down.

Option 2:

>don't look up keep doing what you're doing<
    I fail to see how my actions should illecit any emotion from you what so ever- for all you know I could have been playing candy crush- some how that would have been a more efficient and joyful use of my time???/

Option 3:
    Look up sharply with crazy wide eyes and whisper- looking nervously left and right

But the numbers- the numberss... they speak to me!!!! ssshhhshhhhhs can't you hear them?????

Pick Option 3!!

I don't suffer fools gladly and would shrug and tell him something like opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one. Gonna be rude or snarky to me, gonna get rude or snarky back.

• Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Honestly, I find it sad too. Useful, but sad!
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Counting calories is not sad. You know what's sad? Firefly got ONE season. That's sad.

This!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    i would probably say "your face is sad."
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    I had one friend who said that to me, and I told her "I do it because I want to live a long, healthy life. I count calories because I was poisoning myself every day and never realized it until I started counting." Now she counts too.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

This!

+1 Love this reply.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member

^^This >:) Otherwise, I say, "less sad than staying my old fat-butted, oblivious to what I shoved in my pie-hole" self.