From Obese to Triathlete and Marathon Runner

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    So awesome!!! Great job!! You look great!!!!
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Great Job, and you did it all by yourself!! That's something to be proud of!! Feeling good about yourself again is the best reward.
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Right on!!!
  • 1234usmc
    1234usmc Posts: 196 Member
    Awesome story!!!! Way to go.
  • That's amazing!! Great job, and you look great!
  • jenn3365
    jenn3365 Posts: 26 Member
    Your smile in the pictures is like a mischievous child, love it. I think you must be very young at heart... great job you are a motivation.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    You are awesome!
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    great job
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    What an inspirational story. You definitely look good, very good in fact.
  • annael25
    annael25 Posts: 60 Member
    You look amazing! Congrats on your journey and all you have achieved. :)
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    AMAZING! Congrats on your hard work paying off and kudos to those doctors helping you finally get free of your pain! You've clearly put in tons of hard work and it shows!
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    great job
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Congrats! How tall are you?
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Fantastic...so very inspiring, well done!
  • wtgrey
    wtgrey Posts: 32 Member
    Thanks to everyone for your comments. It is awesome to be encouraged by people on the same journey!
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Awesome job!! I was in a similar situation when I started out 3 years ago at about 260. Got off to a good start, but injuries in my calves (compartment syndrome) caused some weight to come back. But the last 11 months have seen about a 60 pound loss (currently 180) and a 70 minute improvement in my marathon time (4:56 to 3:46).
  • How long have you been using MFP? Did you log the whole time? Great job, you look so healthy!
  • wtgrey
    hermann341 wrote: »
    Awesome job!! I was in a similar situation when I started out 3 years ago at about 260. Got off to a good start, but injuries in my calves (compartment syndrome) caused some weight to come back. But the last 11 months have seen about a 60 pound loss (currently 180) and a 70 minute improvement in my marathon time (4:56 to 3:46).

Awesome improvement in the marathon time!
  • wtgrey
    edited November 2014
    JudyK1978 wrote: »
    How long have you been using MFP? Did you log the whole time? Great job, you look so healthy!

Thanks for the compliment. I have been using MFP regularly for about 2 years. When I started losing weight, I counted calories every single day, and I still do. It makes you accountable to yourself, and MFP makes it easy. I could not exercise very much at the beginning, but I did what I could, and slowly built up. I lost about 75 lbs by lifting weights and do a stair climber, then finally started running regularly in March of this year. I am down another 32 lbs since then, and have about 18 to go. The key is to aim for a goal you can reach, like 20 lbs, and then make a new one.

Once you start donating your clothes at the Goodwill, you will be even more motivated! Good luck!
  • wtgrey
    FrenchMob wrote: »
    Congrats! How tall are you?

5 foot 7, and a half. The half is important.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!