Should I wear a bikini? How do I look?

Replies

• kristimason3
    kristimason3 Posts: 131 Member
    Good for you having the courage to put yourself out there like that! I started at around 165 and when I saw the pics I was like wow she carries her weight just like I do. That being said I'm at 148lbs today and I still wouldn't feel confident wearing that to the beach (again kudos for posting those pics, I have some but don't have that kind of self confidence yet) I wear a bikini top but I think Jennloella is right about the bottoms. I usually go for a short skirt bottom that covers that lower belly more. Or at least a bottom that is a little more covering. I keep telling myself 135 is the magic number for my little red bikini. Either way you look fantastic and great job so far!
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member

I think you look good. However, I think the bottom is too small for you. It doesn't look like it fits properly. I would go up a size, and possibly to a different bottom with a higher waist. Although it looks fine while standing, when you sit down, your belly is going to hang over the suit bottom. Personally, I would not be comfortable with that. I would go with something with a high enough waist to cover the "fupa" area.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Yes OP I know you can rock a bikini.
  • I agree with most of this thread in that, the top looks fine, but the bottoms are too small.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new photos in a month or two :)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    How do you stand sideways like that? You must do Crossfit.
  • lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    Tanie98 wrote: »
    Girrl, you go out and just have fun at the beach and wear that bikini! You strut like you don't care, because it doesn't matter what others think.seriously, just wear your bikini, and have fun :)

^^This
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Rocking a bikini is has a lot to do with confidence and comfort. Kudos to you. I agree with others, size up on the bottoms.
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    You're beautiful, look awesome, size up on the bottoms and your figure that you have worked so hard for will be accentuated.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Agreed with bigger bottoms, and the same colour as the top IMO
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Personally i think you look great, your skin is nice and tight and smooth, the top looks great the bottoms could be changed though. Way to go keep up the good work :smile:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    headofphat wrote: »
    How do you stand sideways like that? You must do Crossfit.

Ha!

You look cute but I would agree that a different bottom would likely look better. Bottom line though is that you need to find something that you are comfortable in. That way you feel self-assured when you are at the beach/pool. I've never worn a bikini and likely never will, simply because I'm too self-conscious. But if it makes you feel good, do it :smile:
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I don't understand what you are asking. Yu are wearing a bikini and obviously feel comfortable in it since you posted pics on the internet. Walking on a beach compared to that should be nbd. Go outside a play in the sun girl
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    I say who cares what anyone thinks. Its about how you feel. I think you look adorable. You have to be comfortable wearing it though. Rock it with confidence.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    If I looked like you, I'd wear that bikini every day with a big smile on my face! Never mind that it's November!
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    I vote yes.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    edited November 2014
    Easy guide for choosing appropriate clothes suitable for your body type:

1. Pick an outfit.
    2. Decide if you're comfortable in it.
    3. If yes, keep the outfit and rock the hell out of it.
    4. If no, try again and start from step 1.

I personally think you look hella cute as it is, but what you think of yourself trumps my opinion.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    I think you look cute, but I'm not crazy about the bottoms. Maybe it's the "mom" in me but they look pretty skimpy. Sometimes showing less skin isn't such a bad thing lolol.
    I love the top but the bottom isn't very flattering. I think it's hard to pull off a bottom like that - no matter how much you weigh
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    If you're comfortable, you should wear it. I have a pic in my profile pics of me in a bikini this summer. I didn't have the best body on the beach but I was comfortable so I called it good!
  • chele402
    chele402 Posts: 128 Member
    I have the same stats as you and I personally wouldn't but if you're comfortable, go for it. I'm guessing you're not that comfortable if you're asking for opinions though.
  • You look great! It's all about how you feel!