3 days and Im already learning!

Hi all! I have been registered for a long time on here but never participated in the community stuff, which I am finding very helpful! Anyway, I am on day three of my diet. Yesterday, I stayed within my limit, but wished I could have had a more filling dinner. So, today, I have tried choosing different food items. I feel like I need to shout out that frozen blue berries and chicken noodle soup are straight from calorie heaven! I added them as sides to my lunch and it made a huge difference in how sated I feel. I am eating 3/4 cup servings of Simple Truth frozen blue berries (eating them frozen is more of a treat, takes more time and effort, and feels more rewarding in my opinion) and Kroger chicken noodle soup at 60 cals per serving (I had two, which is 2 cups, because I was hungry)...anyway, I wanted to share this because I feel so excited because I'M NOT HUNGRY lol...peace and health to ya

Replies

• urpalmaryann00
    urpalmaryann00 Posts: 17 Member
    Also, I forgot that because I am full on less calories, I have freed up more for dinner ! I can do this!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Yes you can
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Congrats on finding us!

Making good food choices can make a HUGE difference. You absolutely can lose weight eating pizza and doughnuts, as long as you keep a calorie deficit...but obviously many foods have much more volume for the calories (ie. most veggies) so you can eat a ton. Eating 300 calories of pizza is way different from eating 300 calories of broccoli.

That opens up a whole world of meal possibilities if you try to make veggies take up half your plate. One quarter protein and one quarter starch or grain, and you've got a pretty awesome meal that's usually well balanced and nutritious.

It's winter squash season, and those are crazy low in calories. You can sub butternut or acorn squash for anything you'd make with sweet potatoes, with way fewer calories....so you can eat a whole ton more!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Great job! Don't forget your nut butters.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    So glad to hear that you are getting benefit out of MFP - it will just keep getting better now!
  • Prelogging have definitely helped me in the long run. I always plan my day the night before. It stops me from grazing and either over eating or having a dismal amount left over for dinner. Plus since I have it mapped out there's no more thinking involved so I don't stray.
  • urpalmaryann00
    urpalmaryann00 Posts: 17 Member
    I am very grateful to have so many replies! this is so awesome, so thank you ...I definitely think pre-logging and planning carefully will help me, thanks so much :)