Runners: Half Marathon on Thanksgiving

Options
So, I'm hosting a virtual half marathon on Thanksgiving. It's nothing official, you just run it and use either Strava, Mapmyrun, Fitbit, whatever, and report with your link and whatnot. Either a trail run or road... doesn't matter. It's not a competition to see who can run it the fastest, it's just a day to get some miles in, and if you get a PR, then awesome for you!

If you want to join but don't have the base mileage or fitness to do a half marathon, you're welcome to join with whatever distance you want. Just report with whatever you got!

Anyone want to join?

Replies

• kaseasteele
    kaseasteele Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • amillyworm
    amillyworm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am injured at the moment but committing to a long ride that day to keep you company! i will ride the two hours it would normally take me to run a half.
  • kaseasteele
    Options
    Awesome! Hope you heal quickly.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i'm a distance runner, but i'll be with my family that morning, who also run but not the distances i do. i imagine we'll go on a run, but i'm not going to commit to a half. my sister, mum and i will probably do about 7 miles, then head to the yoga studio. then commence operation: turkey day.
  • kaseasteele
    Options
    Sounds like a good and fun plan!
  • amillyworm
    amillyworm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    do you have one long run left before this, or are you up to taper already?? Im still not running but having a great time on the bike, looking forward to kicking out some bigger km.