Too bad all those free, pretty-looking donuts in the rec room are made of 100% poison.

Replies

• sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2014
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear you were joking... but this is the second thread in two days about workplace sabotage with food brought in by others. I know people are generally not serious about these things but I will never understand how it is other people's responsibility to keep someone on track with their goals.

I never said it was anyone else's responsibility to keep me on track. Not at all. The annoying thing is my old tendency to give into temptation, if we want to actually analyze it. In a joking way, I can blame it on the pastries and call them annoying or call them poison- but it's not the fault of the inanimate lumps of dough or of the people who bring them in. Of course it's my fault/responsibility.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    sylkates wrote: »
    Acg67 wrote: »
    I mean I am sure they would taste delicious, if only they weren't made with 100% ricin flour. That's why I can't even think of touching them.

(Free treats at work, especially this time of the year, are SO annoying! I don't buy junk food at the grocery store anymore but it somehow still rears its ugly head!)

Yes totally annoying vs pretty awesome someone decided to share with their co workers out of the goodness of their hearts

^^^ This.

In for workplace sabotage and imagining good food has poison in it just to avoid partaking in something that was a totally nice gesture by someone in your office....

Workplace sabotage? I was just posting this as a joke, goodness gracious. Just expressing how hard it is to avoid junk food when you have a humongous sweet tooth and no caloric space for it. Of course it was a gesture of good will. There is no way in hell I would ever bring this up with any coworkers since I know it was a gesture of good will.

you can't fit a 200 calorie donut into your day...????
  • CoolBeans520
    CoolBeans520 Posts: 25
    edited November 2014
    Eat that donut unless your allergic. If it meets your macros than go for it. Calorie in Calorie out. I would get all my protein in first before eating that donut given if you have calories,fat,sugars,carbs left over in your daily intake than go for it. Don't be afraid of food.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I'm glad to hear you were joking... but this is the second thread in two days about workplace sabotage with food brought in by others. I know people are generally not serious about these things but I will never understand how it is other people's responsibility to keep someone on track with their goals.

I never said it was anyone else's responsibility to keep me on track. Not at all. The annoying thing is my old tendency to give into temptation, if we want to actually analyze it. In a joking way, I can blame it on the pastries and call them annoying or call them poison- but it's not the fault of the inanimate lumps of dough or of the people who bring them in. Of course it's my fault/responsibility.

Whew. Again, you'd be surprised how many people on here actually do blame others for bringing in tasty treats and call it sabotage.

Good luck with your goals, but I also think you might be able to fit that donut in if you wanted it!

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    I mean I am sure they would taste delicious, if only they weren't made with 100% ricin flour. That's why I can't even think of touching them.

(Free treats at work, especially this time of the year, are SO annoying! I don't buy junk food at the grocery store anymore but it somehow still rears its ugly head!)

I bet someone sneezed on them.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    What a great way to put it..."Poison"

tumblr_lrkr5vRrbK1qfkalo.gif

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Try living with a partner and four kids, who dont eat dinner and instead she lets them fill up on crisps and chocolate all night...all i get is one shelf in the fridge for my stuff, the rest is full of so much snack foods...
  • sylkates
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Yes totally annoying vs pretty awesome someone decided to share with their co workers out of the goodness of their hearts

^^^ This.

In for workplace sabotage and imagining good food has poison in it just to avoid partaking in something that was a totally nice gesture by someone in your office....

Workplace sabotage? I was just posting this as a joke, goodness gracious. Just expressing how hard it is to avoid junk food when you have a humongous sweet tooth and no caloric space for it. Of course it was a gesture of good will. There is no way in hell I would ever bring this up with any coworkers since I know it was a gesture of good will.

http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/nutrition/nutrition_catalog.html?nutrition_catalog_hidden=0&nutrition_catalog_needType=All&nutrition_catalog_selPage=1&nutrition_catalog_perPage=50&filt_type=Bakery

The one I was looking at at 360 calories would have been *23%* of my net calories for a slight weight loss trend. I can't afford that and also beat hunger cravings all day if I want to have a good deficit at the end of the day. It's about compromising, a 10 AM treat for no reason at all just doesn't fit into my day - if I have space after dinner, I can have a small 80 calorie cookie at home.
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    HMonsterX wrote: »
    Try living with a partner and four kids, who dont eat dinner and instead she lets them fill up on crisps and chocolate all night...all i get is one shelf in the fridge for my stuff, the rest is full of so much snack foods...

^^ This is my life... he keeps losing weight and is a very unhealthy 116 so I'm trying to fatten him up, lol. The teen eats everything and then some, the 9 yr old refuses to eat anything, and the toddler thinks yours must taste better than his. And all I want to do is stay under calorie... SMH
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    HMonsterX wrote: »

^^ This is my life... he keeps losing weight and is a very unhealthy 116 so I'm trying to fatten him up, lol. The teen eats everything and then some, the 9 yr old refuses to eat anything, and the toddler thinks yours must taste better than his. And all I want to do is stay under calorie... SMH

your man-friend is 116lbs?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

Good more for the rest of us...
  • k8blujay2
    Hmm TIL I've not only been sabotaging my coworkers, but poisoning them. :indifferent:

If you were my co-worker I would totally take you up on your offer of sweet delicious posion... especially if there is chocolate icing and maybe some festive sprinkles. :wink:
  • gvhunterollie
    gvhunterollie Posts: 74 Member
    I've eaten a donut or two in the last few weeks. Can anyone tell me how much time I have left?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

Perhaps. But perhaps not. I often bring treats I just don't want in my house to work. I do it so I'm not tempted, not out of the goodness of my heart. I actually feel pretty guilty sometimes when I see some of my obese co-workers pigging out on stuff I brought.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »

^^^ This.

http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/menu/nutrition/nutrition_catalog.html?nutrition_catalog_hidden=0&nutrition_catalog_needType=All&nutrition_catalog_selPage=1&nutrition_catalog_perPage=50&filt_type=Bakery

The one I was looking at at 360 calories would have been *23%* of my net calories for a slight weight loss trend. I can't afford that and also beat hunger cravings all day if I want to have a good deficit at the end of the day. It's about compromising, a 10 AM treat for no reason at all just doesn't fit into my day - if I have space after dinner, I can have a small 80 calorie cookie at home.

eat the damn donut and run a few laps. it's not going to kill you... yet.
  • k8blujay2

Perhaps. But perhaps not. I often bring treats I just don't want in my house to work. I do it so I'm not tempted, not out of the goodness of my heart. I actually feel pretty guilty sometimes when I see some of my obese co-workers pigging out on stuff I brought.

enabler... :wink:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    k8blujay2 wrote: »

It's true. But it's them or me. They lost. I'm not proud of it. :(
  • k8blujay2

Don't worry about it. I wouldn't.

• sylkates

This post was mostly a joke, I am super-aware that what I eat is 100% my responsibility. That being said... think of it this way. If your coworkers weren't eating the junk food you brought in, they would probably be going to the vending machines or a store for some junk?
  • Need2Exerc1se

This post was mostly a joke, I am super-aware that what I eat is 100% my responsibility. That being said... think of it this way. If your coworkers weren't eating the junk food you brought in, they would probably be going to the vending machines or a store for some junk?

They would. That's how I justify it to myself. o:)

I am half-joking. I don't 'worry' about it because it is their choice, but I do feel a twinge of guilt sometimes.