20lbs by Christmas- who's with me?

Replies

• dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    I'm in! Plus could use some buddies to help stay on track this time. Anyone feel free to add me XD
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    20 pounds by Christmas is something I like but man do I like turkey and Christmas cookies. LOL 7 pounds down int he past days. Hope it continues.
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    count me in
  • deeasimacopoulos
    deeasimacopoulos Posts: 16 Member
    count me in! very doable
  • deeasimacopoulos
    deeasimacopoulos Posts: 16 Member
    ha ha , just saw how old this thread is
  • JoKessho
    JoKessho Posts: 108 Member
    marlovs78 wrote: »
    D-uh, people? This thread is ancient and the OP hasn't logged on in over a year. You might want to find the 2014 Christmas challenge.

Doesn't matter if the OP hasn't logged in for ages. The rest of us are still going strong ;)
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Hmm, I may be too late lol. I don't think I can try :P
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    I'm in, count with me! That's my present goal before the end of the year!
  • Whitnit809
    Whitnit809 Posts: 41 Member
    I'm in!
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    I'm in; that's my goal also. Down 9 lbs already and counting...
  • saberika87
    saberika87 Posts: 37 Member
    I'm definitely in too. I'm moving to another province at the end of December and would love to be down 20+ pounds before starting my practicum in my final year of my degree program! :)
  • ajdii
    ajdii Posts: 28 Member
    I would love to be a part of that challenge too =)
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    How's everyone progressing?
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    I'm in!
  • Let have every saturday off as a naughty day where we can eat whatever we like and the rest of the time we can stick together to start feeling fantastic! What do you think?

I used to do WW in the past and always allowed myself a cheat day. Now I keep it to just a cheat meal, but it helps me to stick with it. I know that no food is a bad food, as long as you account for it, but it's nice to have one meal where you're not counting calories (or points). If there was something I wanted that I didn't feel fit into my meal plan for the day - I just save it for Sunday (my cheat day).
  • RiseandGrind77
    RiseandGrind77 Posts: 54 Member
    Count me in!! Here are some of the things I am doing to accomplish this goal.

- Low Carbs
    - Fasted Cardio first thing in the morning
    - No drinking calories (except coffee)
    - Limit processed foods
    - Learning to cook
    - No Carbs for dinner
    - You can never out exercise a bad diet!
  • saberika87
    saberika87 Posts: 37 Member
    Let have every saturday off as a naughty day where we can eat whatever we like and the rest of the time we can stick together to start feeling fantastic! What do you think?

I used to do WW in the past and always allowed myself a cheat day. Now I keep it to just a cheat meal, but it helps me to stick with it. I know that no food is a bad food, as long as you account for it, but it's nice to have one meal where you're not counting calories (or points). If there was something I wanted that I didn't feel fit into my meal plan for the day - I just save it for Sunday (my cheat day).

WW used to work well for me too, except I got bored with it. I ended up losing around 25lbs with WW last year, and this year I found MFP, so now I've been doing that and now am down about 30lbs so far. It's taken me just over a year, but I cheated A LOT and fell off the wagon A LOT throughout the entire year. I have finally realized that I can allow myself cheat meals for sure.. but cheat days turn into cheat weekends that turn into cheat WEEKS just if I allow one entire cheat day. Such a big trigger for me.

I am definitely all for a nice cheat meal though, but still staying within a decent amount of my daily calories. :)

What are some tricks that people use to avoid cheating/cravings? I'd be interested to know in other people's techniques and strategies!
  • fanarad
    fanarad Posts: 97 Member
    20 lbs by Christmas? Let's do it!!! I'm just restarting my MFP journey after a rollercoaster of a year and a half and can't wait to be 20lbs less! That could be the best self-Christmas gift! Please add me :)
  • JammyJae
    JammyJae Posts: 28 Member
    I'm in!! I don't think I can do 20 but I would love to get close! Definitely need the support!
  • JammyJae
    JammyJae Posts: 28 Member
    Add me!