Join the Gelato and Ice Cream Group

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I've been bad and haven't been keeping up!

I went to Shoprite today though and had a coupon for Breyer's ice cream, making it $.88. So I got some Mrs. Field's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I'm looking forward to it tonight, lol.

Oh I'll be looking forward to your review. I keep looking at that and not getting it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I've been bad and haven't been keeping up!

I went to Shoprite today though and had a coupon for Breyer's ice cream, making it $.88. So I got some Mrs. Field's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I'm looking forward to it tonight, lol.

Oh I'll be looking forward to your review. I keep looking at that and not getting it.

Just finished and I found it kind of "Meh". The chocolate ice cream was definitely nothing to write home about. It had some fudgey swirls which was nice so that it wasn't just straight up chocolate. The fudge brownie pieces were, at least, pretty abundant. I'd say more fudgey than brownie, not too terrible. On the whole, it's just okay. I probably would not go out of my way to purchase it again. I'd rather have Talenti fudge brownie.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    A confession.....before I joined MFP I was never big on icecream, all that's changed now of course.

In fact, I lived on ice cream smoothies for two weeks while getting over my recent wisdom tooth extraction. It was heaven. Devon cream vanilla, coffee, chocolate, strawberry. Oh my.

I've still got three wisdom teeth left, this could be good.

I was never a huge ice cream person either. I don't know why but I enjoy my one or two servings of ice cream more than I ever enjoyed the huge bowlfuls I used to eat all the time.

I eat more ice cream than I used to as well. Because I have a sweet tooth and it's easier to fit in a day than cake or pie.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    I have ice cream almost every day :smiley: It makes me happy.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Spread, spread!!!!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Is the white chocolate raspberry talenti good?

Yes
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Hm, now I'm curious how bad it would be to spam the link to this thread in all the sugar addition and low carb threads...
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    Hm, now I'm curious how bad it would be to spam the link to this thread in all the sugar addition and low carb threads...

This would probably be the beginning to a multitude of mean people threads
  • Francl27
    I actually left it... Ice cream and I are on a forced break.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    @Francl27 we will miss you - when you and ice cream are on better terms come back and see us!
  • Francl27
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I actually left it... Ice cream and I are on a forced break.

You know, something told me you would be leaving soon. Weird. Hope you find your way back someday.

Haha yeah. I just can't have ice cream in the freezer lately. I need to find my mojo again.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Ice cream is delicious. So is Gelato.

I enjoy eating them both.

I don't get a lot of pleasure talking about them, however.

I think I need to work on being more focused on how good I feel when I eat food (particularly ice cream).

Perhaps that group is for me.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    I love ice cream sandwich. It combines two of my favorite things ice cream and cake. .....drooling all over my phone right now
  • lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    My favorite brand is Talenti gelato. Their pistacio and their vanilla bean gelato is so amazing. I tried their limited edition pumpkin pie gelato and it was really good *drool*
  • lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    ttcbelieve wrote: »
    Oh......Noooooooooooooooooooooo............................Not fair at all. Can i say this again...........NOT FAIR AT ALL. I have been trying so hard to be good.......................THIS IS NOT FAIR AT ALL

My 2 biggest vice are ice cream and cake......and you post this........Noooooo.....HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................... I'm calling the cops....this has to be criminal ;-)

Having said this, I have noone to blame but myself...I saw the title and clicked on it and to make it worse, i also trolled the Ice Cream group.

Those pictures are just heavenly...Oh well life is short....I'm off to buy a tub of ice cream...I'll be good tomorrow, maybe next week or next year…Maybe never when it comes to Ice Cream and Cake. Dang it!!!

Hahahahahaaa!! Love this post! XD I'm the type of person that has difficulties saying "no" after just one serving of Talenti. Now I only buy it with my best friend and make him eat most of it. It works out amazingly well. lol.