McDonalds

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    dtcjem wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    The coffee is crap, but the McMuffins are good.
    Wha? Maybe in the US it's totes different, but here in Western Canada they actually have pretty darn decent coffee.

Nowhere near Starbucks or any local coffee shops, but for a quick pinch it totally beats that nasty brown liquid from Tim Horton's that everyone and their dog raves about.

I love their coffee and at $1.09 for anysize I am in.... try that at a starbucks or Horties. Can't say that for the egg McMuffin though ...too big of a trigger food for me.
    BAH! Wish it was that cheap here haha.
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Met My Ex there, So I definitely lost my appetite for anything McD's, I haven't Darkened it's doors since 1988! :smiley:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    jstrun wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're still in a calorie deficit, there's nothing wrong with one every once in a while.

And now I want a McGriddle...

mmmm McGriddle....best creation ever.

I've never had one, mostly because they sounded gross. I have since been introduced to wonderful savory/sweet combos such as chicken and waffles, and I'd be willing to give it a try. But, I just usually don't go to McDonalds or much in the way of fast food really.

They are literally the most amazing thing to have ever been created.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Wha? Maybe in the US it's totes different, but here in Western Canada they actually have pretty darn decent coffee.

Nowhere near Starbucks or any local coffee shops, but for a quick pinch it totally beats that nasty brown liquid from Tim Horton's that everyone and their dog raves about.

Starbucks coffee is crap. McDonald's coffee is excellent.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Hamburger Happy Meal is 400-odd calories. That's fine for lunch for me, and I'll do it once in a blue moon.

I don't think it's a healthy HABIT, but I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast. I can't see that McDonalds is really all that evil if you're looking at if it fits into your chosen calories and macros.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    auddii wrote: »
    jstrun wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you're still in a calorie deficit, there's nothing wrong with one every once in a while.

And now I want a McGriddle...

mmmm McGriddle....best creation ever.

I've never had one, mostly because they sounded gross. I have since been introduced to wonderful savory/sweet combos such as chicken and waffles, and I'd be willing to give it a try. But, I just usually don't go to McDonalds or much in the way of fast food really.

They are literally the most amazing thing to have ever been created.

In your opinion.....I don't care for them.

And Reese Peanut Butter cups are a way better creation
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    eldamiano wrote: »

Starbucks isnt really coffee. It is coffee mixed with mountains of other flavours which defeat the point of the word coffee. Why is every drink that they bring out nowadays more or less a fruit smoothie or toffee milkshake type drink? Plus they will charge you a fortune for the privilege.

Sure if you're getting the drinks that have flavors added like a vanilla latte, macchiato or whatever else they have that is flavored.

The off chance that I get coffee there I get a plain latte. No flavors added. Black coffee doesn't have any flavors added either.

And the McDonalds coffee where I live is quite excellent and at $1 for any size you can't go wrong.

• martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    If your goal is calorie counting, it won't derail your process as long as you don't go over your daily calorie goal. If you are counting macros, it also won't derail your goals if you hit your macro targets.

With the exception of foods that contain trans fat, I don't see any food item being part of the dieting forbidden list. Also even if you have one bad day once in a while, there are 365 days in a year, don't let one bad day hamper your motivation to stay fit and watch your weight
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    As long as you make sure to fit it into your daily calories and macro's then it won't derail your short-term weightloss.

However, if you make a habit of going to McDonald's drive thru often, you may be setting yourself up for long term failure. At some point, you're going to have less motivation and all those hash brown, sugary drinks, etc., that are on McDonald's menu are going to look very appetizing.

I disagree with the second half of this. I go to McDonalds in the morning before and after my workout for coffee (and to whoever said the coffee is crap, the stuff they serve where I live is awesome. Better than Dunkin' Donuts for sure). Yes, I sit in the drive through and look at the food on the menu but it's not appealing to me. Never mind how many calories are in some of those meals!

OP: If you want to have an egg mcmufin for breakfast go for it. At 300 calories it's not going to ruin your entire day.

LOL, well if the food there isn't appealing to you then of course you won't have any issues over eating it! The OP apparently likes their food.

Frequently sitting in a line while smelling and staring at extremely high calorie food that you find appealing doesn't sound like a great idea to me. It's fine once in awhile, sure. But if that's your daily routine then it's only a matter of time until willpower fails you.
  • Lanamasha55
    Lanamasha55 Posts: 14 Member
    Depends on what is your definition of once in a while?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2014
    Even on a 1200 calorie perday diet, eating a 300 calorie McMuffin as your breakfast is perfectly reasonable. The way people go wrong at places like McDonalds is with all the other stuff on the menu, especially when they supersize them : hash browns, french fries, coffee with a lot of cream, soda, desserts. Stick with just the sandwich plus black coffee or diet soda and you'll be alright.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I eat McDonald's and fast food in general almost exclusively.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Just an idea. I switched to occasionally having a Lean Cuisine Canadian Bacon English Muffin with egg whites and reduced fat cheese...it is only 180 calories v. 300 calories for McDonalds.
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    The easiest way to still get what you want is to remove the parts of it that you don't need that add calories.

I love egg mcmuffins and found that I enjoy them just as much without butter or cheese which brings the calories all the way down to 230.

For lunch I always go with either a cheeseburger or a Jr Chicken with no sauce which are both right around 300 calories.

Cutting the butter or mayo makes a big difference, so does cheese, but if I can't have cheese on my burger then what's the point :P
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member

Starbucks isnt really coffee. It is coffee mixed with mountains of other flavours which defeat the point of the word coffee. Why is every drink that they bring out nowadays more or less a fruit smoothie or toffee milkshake type drink? Plus they will charge you a fortune for the privilege.

You're aware that you can get black coffee at Starbucks, right?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member

You're aware that you can get black coffee at Starbucks, right?

Inconceivable!
  • laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    edited November 2014
    Their coffee is pretty good! The egg McMuffin isn't bad. The way I keep things easy at fast food places is just spend $1-2. You can get a small burger and small fries, or a soda and fries, or two burgers or whatever. Sometimes I only spend a dollar. Either way, limit spending, limits the calories.

It doesn't totally work at Cookout, aka diet buster extraordinaire. They have $1 milkshakes for 700 calories, and then I could also get a $1 BLT for 442 calories. And their food is soo good! Bah.

This probably isn't the best thing to mention on a website for weight loss, but sometimes I get those 2/$1 apple pies and a $1 frozen yogurt cone, and bam, apple pie and ice cream! After I get home and nuke those puppies, anyway.
  • Alyjacck
    Alyjacck Posts: 43 Member
    Ask them to not put butter on the muffin part. They put melted butter on with a paint brush.