This is ridiculous!!

I hear all these AWESOME. Successes stories about women and men losing 70 80 90 even 100lbs just by changing their lifestyle and they have the discipline to do it! I'm trying to lose just 35 lbs and it's seems like the impossible. I've had so much trail and error when it's come to weight loss and it's just ridiculous anymore! I no 35 lbs is actually quite a bit of weight to lose but it's not nearly as much as some people have lost. Why is it so hard for me to stay motivated when I hate my body and I feel so large and bulky and just plain FAT! I feel determined I will conquer weight loss this time! Feel free to add me so I can help get y'all motivated and y'all can return the favor as that's the hardest part of weight loss as it seems to be!!!

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    It *is* hard. Going hungry and exercising even when you don't feel like it is not fun and people saying otherwise are possibly on something lol. However, here's something motivating you should know: If you can force yourself for the first three months, after that, it gets a lot easier. The food cravings and appetite go down and your body stops getting all sore after workouts... and the exercise gets much easier. Just make yourself do it for 3 months and after that you will feel much better maintaining your healthy routine.
  • dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    It's a journey. When you start to see the progress it helps keep motivation there. Just can't give up. Find what works for you, try different things. I have lost 50 and it is just a lifestyle that you get used to and becomes your norm. Some days aren't great and some are easy and rock. Track your calories and get moving! Best of luck to you! :)
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    "Change your attitude, change your life"

Need to stop thinking its and end to being overweight but a ride to fit and healthy

Luck!
  • do not focus on your weight, focus on your size or energy levels. Weight is such a poor indicator of progress you are making, especially early in the process. It is a huge issue because many people are making great progress, but they focus on the wrong metric to measure it, and then become discouraged. You are a gorgeous lady, just keep doing the things you know you need to do.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    I compare losing weight to childbirth. When you are going through it, it can be difficult and painful but once it's done the happiness you feel can make your forget how difficult it was.

Also those who are at a higher weight can consume more calories and will burn more calories in the beginning of their weight loss journey. That's not to say it is easier for them but they face a different journey than someone who is losing a smaller amount.

One of my favorite sayings is don't compare your behind the scenes to someone else's highlight real.
  • Runyan2002
    Runyan2002 Posts: 6 Member
    Well the less you need to lose, the harder it is to lose it.
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    I hear ya! I began almost four weeks ago and have so far only lost 10 pounds. It seems so small for the huge effort I've been putting into this that often times I wonder if it's worth it. Not to mention, I haven't seen any change in over a week.
  • LACnessMonster
    LACnessMonster Posts: 25 Member
    You have to trial and error to figure it out. It's part of the process. That way when you figure it out, it will stand to be a more lasting change.
  • Thank you all! You all are spot on
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    No matter how much you have to lose, it's hard. Set small goals for yourself and reward yourself with non-food things. I reward myself for every 30 days logged, and then for milestone weight losses. And no self loathing!! That is counter productive to what you are trying to do and it will only bring you down. Focus on the things you DO like about yourself and what you are doing well. Good luck :smile:
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Runyan2002 wrote: »

Very true. Losing 30 pounds might be as easy for some people as you losing 5.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    I'm just gonna throw this one out there for those who keep struggling (and I was one of those people for years!). Stop overthinking it and just do it. Motivation is overrated. It is definitely about creating habits. Just go do it, create the habits one at a time if needed, and just keep doing it. The more you think about it, the more you can psych yourself out of doing it.

P.S. I've lost 85 lbs in the last 15 months and I know this is a change that is sticking. You just know when you hit the real thing and the mindf**k becomes less. Good luck!!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    If it was easy, there wouldn't be any fat people on the planet.
  • Kelly2300
    Kelly2300 Posts: 43 Member
    I hear you on this, I love and hate the success stories at the same time. Sometimes they really motivate me and other times really depress me. I can't make anything move in the right direction and I am horribly scared about the next 6 weeks...ugh.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    pdwhitlock wrote: »
    I hear ya! I began almost four weeks ago and have so far only lost 10 pounds. It seems so small for the huge effort I've been putting into this that often times I wonder if it's worth it. Not to mention, I haven't seen any change in over a week.

That's over 2 lbs per week, which is a more than acceptable amount of weight to lose in that amount of time.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Another thing is, WE ALL go through ups and downs, weight wise and emotionally. Anyone who tells you it was a breeze is not only lying to you, they are lying to themselves too.
    It makes a lot of sense from someone who also struggles with body image to get some help there. It is important to know that you may not lose the 35 pounds - you may only lose 20, but being comfortable in your own skin is way more important than what you weigh. And just getting healthy - mentally, physically and spiritually taking care of yourself. What good is being thinner when you still feel like crap about who you are.
    - Friend me if you would like!
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    LeenaJean wrote: »

Very true. Losing 30 pounds might be as easy for some people as you losing 5.

^^^ This! It does get harder the less you have to lose. I noticed that I have to work out longer to get a bigger calorie burn than my girlfriend. But we keep on keeping on. B)
  • teemama2
    teemama2 Posts: 72 Member

My last 20 might as well be 50
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    because motivation isnt the secret ingredient.

it's commitment.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    edited November 2014
    It doesn't have to be trial and error. And you don't have to starve and be miserable and unhappy. Here are some tips:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1