Weighing

How often should i weigh myself? When should i weigh myself? :D

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    For accuracy you could weigh yourself in the morning before eating and drinking anything every day and then math out the weekly average.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    1) As often as you want.
    2) Doesn't matter, just be consistent.

I weigh every morning first thing.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    me too , every morning , and have an app on my phone to keep track
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Juvenica wrote: »
    logg1e wrote: »
    1) As often as you want.

Mycophilia wrote: »
    For accuracy you could weigh yourself in the morning before eating and drinking anything every day and then math out the weekly average.

It seems that most of you guys weigh yourself in the morning. i shall do that then.. Is it more accurate?
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    first thing in the morning when i weigh myself, but only log on Saturdays as it fluctuates over the days. Mornings are best as you are at your lightest lol.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    pinkiezoom wrote: »
    first thing in the morning when i weigh myself, but only log on Saturdays as it fluctuates over the days. Mornings are best as you are at your lightest lol.

Haha Its true
  • JaneECS
    JaneECS Posts: 71 Member
    Agree on the morning thing, as we call it in our house "post pee, pre-tea" However, I only weigh once a week on a Saturday morning, or I become obsessive and that is bad for me and all those around me. That probably says far more about me than it does about weighing habits!
  • squirrelone
    squirrelone Posts: 58 Member
    The idea of weighting yourself in the morning, is not so much about it being your "lightest" point in the day (which it may not be).
    It is for consistency. If it is part of your regular morning routine, it will always be with the same food and water intake for that day (none). That way the result will not be affected as much by differences in the weight of the food and liquids you consume during the day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Morning, naked, after toilet. It's the most constant time to weigh, as any other time of day your weight will be fluctuating due to your intake. Even in the morning, you will get fluctuations depending on your sodium intake, the weather etc but it is the most consistent time.

As for how often, many benefit from once a week. Many, like me, weigh daily - BUT you can't let that get on top of you, because your weight will absolutely fluctuate and if that's going to freak you out, you're better off weighing less often.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Juvenica wrote: »
    logg1e wrote: »
    1) As often as you want.

Mycophilia wrote: »

It seems that most of you guys weigh yourself in the morning. i shall do that then.. Is it more accurate?

morning, after you've been to the bathroom and nekkid

it's the lowest you'll get all day - so yes, darn right, most accurate :grinning:
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    edited November 2014
    I weigh myself daily, after I wake up and have used the bathroom, and I make sure I am naked. I keep track of it in the Libra app. I like how it keeps a graph for me so I can see my ups and downs.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I weigh myself twice per day, once in the morning, and once at night. I'm a numbers kind of person, so I like to log data points in my head even though I only record it once per week in my journal.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Every morning to keep the routine. You can easily spot, catch and see what DOMS contributes, eating too much sodium the previous day contributes, and if you need to make adjustments in your CICO. I also weigh before and after exercise that involves being outside in the heat (cycling, running, lawn/garden work, trail work) to make sure that I am hydrating properly and not losing too much water weight.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    I tend to get scale obsessed & too OCD about my diet, which is not sustainable, so I don't weigh very often. I track consistently & exercise regularly, but use clothes as more of a marker about my weight. I don't want to be obsessed by the number, distressed by the number, or decide "hey, I've lost some lbs let's go crazy."

I did weigh this week & had lost, which was nice, but it's not really about a # on the scale for me. I left that thought behind with the "eat less weigh less" theory.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    I agree with others for the reason of weighing in first thing. I know that my weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds due to the amount of food I've eaten, water drunk and exercise done just that day.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    I just ate a bowl of oatmeal with a banana and a cup of coffee and I am now 5 pounds heavier than I was this morning. (I also had a full glass of water earlier.)

If that was my first weigh-in of the day, I would have been pretty depressed. If you don't remember to weigh yourself first thing, you might find it best to skip so you're not bummed out.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Before eating and after a BM....
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Another one for weighing daily in the morning after going to the bathroom.
  • Juliarosemary66
    Juliarosemary66 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm another who weighs in the morning first thing. I only log on a Saturday as it tends to be my best weight before the weekend! If I find my weight has fluctuated up by more than a couple of pounds during the week I take action and get a bigger calorie deficit in!
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    I weigh myself every morning after my pee and before I eat anything.
    I like to see the overall trend for how things are going....
    1pe5wsiwx3ow.jpg