I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Got a taste for fish sticks today, but let it pass.

Then I started thinking about how I'd deep fry them instead of baking them. I actually fed that to my kids as a meal every couple weeks, with deep fried fries of course. And for a vegie? Cream corn with extra butter.

What the heck was I thinking?

How about you?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Drowning my "healthy" salad in a lot of ranch dressing. :D
  • I once stirred mayonnaise into a burrito bowl...that was a low point.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    I used to eat ice cream (like a lot of ice cream) about four times a week. Now I have a little bit about once a month.
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Macaroni and cheese mixed with a can of beef chili
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    An entire pint of eggnog at one sitting.
  • Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    An entire chocolate in one sitting. I'm talking 100 grams, or close to 600 calories.
  • stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    I used to just slice cheese, put it on a plate, microwave it and eat it with a fork. Like, several times a week.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    When I used to order from the kebab house for a takeaway, this was my order:

XL Lamb Donner/Chicken Shish Kebab
    Large Chips
    Extra Pitta
    Quarter Pounder

And I would finish it all, and feel atrocious afterwards, but would never learn my lesson.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    A bag of cool ranch doritos and a can of bean dip
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    McDonalds (and/or Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc) at least once a day, usually twice - Every. Single. Day.

Haven't gone near any of it in 6 years.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I used to put sugar on everything (grapefruit, strawberries, and even Capn' Crunch) That is the way my parents taught me to eat it. I didn't know any different. Though I still love sugar I just don't crazy anymore. Strawberries taste awesome in their natural state.
  • samacooper
    samacooper Posts: 28 Member
    Entire bags of milano cookies, or half a package of oreos in one sitting.
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    I used to just slice cheese, put it on a plate, microwave it and eat it with a fork. Like, several times a week.

That is pretty bad.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    A whole bag of Doritos, a six pack of beer, AND a half bag of the jumbo Hershey's kisses. In addition to whatever the meal was.

Mostly I'm just in awe of how many calories I used to eat in one day. The sheer volume of food. I couldn't eat that much food now. You never really realize how much you are packing away until you start to track it. I personally was like, "Good Lord, woman. Pig much?"
  • jade2112
    Velum_cado wrote: »
    McDonalds (and/or Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc) at least once a day, usually twice - Every. Single. Day.

Haven't gone near any of it in 6 years.

Think of all the money you've saved.

• zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    edited November 2014
    Quesadillas with full fat sour cream, salsa and loads of full fat cheese. Like, loads.

Also, once or twice a day I'd have 4 rice cakes with loads of Nutella. I shudder now to think of the calories on even one of those rice cakes! Big bowls of cereal with whole milk, and usually seconds or thirds.

Huge bags of Doritos, full tubes of Pringles, 100g 'sharing' chocolate bars...

I often wonder how i didn't even up more overweight than I did.
  • jade2112
    I bet none of us could pack away even a quarter of any of that now before we were actually in the bathroom sick.
  • jade2112
    baconslave wrote: »
    A whole bag of Doritos, a six pack of beer, AND a half bag of the jumbo Hershey's kisses. In addition to whatever the meal was.

Mostly I'm just in awe of how many calories I used to eat in one day. The sheer volume of food. I couldn't eat that much food now. You never really realize how much you are packing away until you start to track it. I personally was like, "Good Lord, woman. Pig much?"

Just a question. Did the beer work or did the food soak up all the alcohol making it just, as one might put it, empty calories?

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    I dunno, I've lost 98 pounds since March eating a lot of butter, ranch and mayo haha. :smile:

I used to binge on fast food 2-4x a week. Makes me cringe to think about now.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    I used to go the the local Mexican place, I would eat their chips with cheese dip just as a meal! Lowest point ~