Thanksgiving- Are you counting calories or macros?

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Nope. Not doing it. Don't care.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Nope!
  • I am counting how many times I eat your moms apple pie.
  • Not counting one single calorie. It is one day. It might set you back for the week but it's Thanksgiving, EAT DRINK and BE MERRY!
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    I just had a non calorie counting day 10 days ago for my birthday - not ready for another one yet! I will count calories.
  • craftergin
    craftergin Posts: 25 Member
    I plan to enjoy the day, log everything I eat and move on.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Calories is most important

29509743.png
  • hurricaneemly
    hurricaneemly Posts: 23 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Yup just because I wanna see the final number :) I am hoping for over 6000 :)

Yes! Definitely this. Plus, I'm usually so full after Thanksgiving that the weekend after is pretty light.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    Yup just because I wanna see the final number :) I am hoping for over 6000 :)

Aww, you can do better then that :smile:

• Yep, I'm logging every bite and counting every calorie. But I probably won't limit myself, just keep track so I know how it stacks up. I've been doing this for 4 months, logging every bite, and I'm still getting a feel for what a big meal feels like and how many calories it is when I'm not trying to restrict myself.
  • Yup - But only for the sake of keeping tabs.

I go by the 90/10 rule so If or When I go over that day's worth it's no big because it's freaking Thanksgiving and it will be my 10 for the week.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I will attempt to log but it is not going to be that accurate and I am pretty sure that my macors will be off, but its all good ...6000 calories here I come!
  • ndj1979
    I plan on logging everything. I'll definitely have my food scale handy Thursday! Mostly out of curiosity, but also because I am going home to see my family for Christmas and I have a goal weight I want to be at by the time I get home

so you are really going to whip out the old food scale at thanksgiving dinner????? I am really just curious..
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited November 2014
    I am not going to count anything. I will eat larger portions of the lower calorie options and smaller portions of the high calorie options and enjoy the day. I will log, but I am not concerned with the final tally as long as I enjoyed myself.

58841349.png
  • Jrichards1712
    Jrichards1712 Posts: 29 Member
    calories. whats macros? I did TG last sunday with the family and I had a huuuuge helping of green salad by that I mean half the plate, a piece of turkey and some NOT glazed yam I just steamed it with cinnamon and ate half of one yam, then a small piece of costco pumpkin pie for dessert a little while later. I think I did very good.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    I was thinking about it, but I'd have to input a LOT of recipes. After making all that food I don't think I'm going to be bothered with putting it in. Although, because of leftovers in the days following I might have no choice... curses. :grumble:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Nope...I don't log anymore anyway, but even when I did I didn't worry about holidays and special occasions.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I plan on logging everything. I'll definitely have my food scale handy Thursday! Mostly out of curiosity, but also because I am going home to see my family for Christmas and I have a goal weight I want to be at by the time I get home

so you are really going to whip out the old food scale at thanksgiving dinner????? I am really just curious..

I mean- why not?
  • ndj1979
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I mean- why not?

I don't know ...I just think that holidays should be exempt from the food scale...that is not really based on anything, just a personal preference/belief...
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    no! but no desert I am almost a pre diabetic, cutting back sugar.