Do you keep your exes numbers in your cell phone?

I am thinking to delete his number but I cant the strength to do it.I don't plan on texting again but having his number in my celly feels like I am holding on to hope .So do you delete or keep an ex number?

Replies

• SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Delete that crap girl!
  • carlylane04
    carlylane04 Posts: 53 Member
    I do just so I know not to answer! :)
    THIS! exactly.

• La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    I guess it depends on how the relationship ended. Was it mutual? Did he cheat on you? If you don't plan on talking to him again turn the page, delete his number and move on. He's your Ex for a reason
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Keep it, but keep it as "Ignore this caller" and make sure their calls don't come through. If they got anything important to say, they can leave a voicemail.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    I think it depends on how the relationship ended. I have a handful of exes with whom I have remained on friendly terms over the years. Of course I've been with my husband for 17 years so there is obviously a lot of water under the bridge, and our contact now is generally limited to holiday cards and maybe a call or message on a birthday. Occasionally we will like something the other posts on Facebook. But it's not like there's going to be a chance of a drunken booty call anytime.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Do they owe me money?
  • LovelyMarie774
    LovelyMarie774 Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2014
    What do you feel best about? What will be conducive to how you want to move forward? I have all my exes in my phone and their names are all a variation of "don't answer." I'm not looking for a backslide.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

mostly this.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    The only time I have is so I know not to answer. If I delete it, I might accidentally answer it, or respond to a text because I don't recognise the number.

Though it's been years since I had to worry about it, aside from one FB message from an ex which I initially responded to then quickly ignored, I've not had any contact with an ex for a very long time.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Definitely keep it programmed. Do not ever dial it...or answer it.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member

this sums it up for me as well :p

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    OP delete it. Let him go.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    If it ended on good terms, and we're still friends, I have no problem with keeping their number... It ended for a reason but we were also together for a reason. The only person I ever deleted from my phone was also deleted from my life - my ex husband.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    If seeing his number is a trigger to you or causes you emotional pain, then by all means, delete it. Some things take time to heal. You can always add it back at a later time.
  • WWbuffydo
    WWbuffydo Posts: 340 Member
    I do, but I change their name to 'DO NOT ANSWER' (the caps lock is extremely important)
  • donnysoule
    donnysoule Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited November 2014
    who deletes numbers..... nobody says you gotta use it
    plus, they come in handy when you're drunk ;-)
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Delete it.... do it now. I once sent a text to an ex by mistake that was about my ex using not very nice words..... shortly follwed by her ringing me and not using nice words.
    delete and save any further misery
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Delete. They're an ex for a reason.
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2014
    delete. clear that *kitten* out of your life!
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2014
    :#