smile:) haha I am giving anyone longer than 8 years dieting : a Diet & Nutrition degree, Congrats

I have been at this for 14 years, I must be specializing! haha. I have learnt about fruits like Mamme apple, Cocona, Duku ( not Count duku haha), Rambutan, Pitaya ( one of my now favorite fruits), Mangosteen, what to do with cinnamon, ginger for lung health, too much fruit not recommended ( carbs and sugar & all that) is bad for you!! fats are essential to good health, margarine very bad for you, better butter or ghee( yesterday) on & on......
Exercise essential for strong bones, too much bad for you, look at "Stallone & Arnold"
TOO much of a good thing very bad for you!! Moderation palm size.
Water, Water a must our bodies 70% water. When I eat fish I am an ocean!

I am sure its the same with all of you, & those still working on your degree haha :)

So all of you have a happy day enjoy the feeling of just receiving your degrees, smile :)
& too much computer time bad for eyes ( this not funny :()
Knowledge is power, don't sit with it practice it and share :)

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Does anyone else understand this post? :o ----completely flabbergasted at the nonsense.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    tumblr_inline_n58gviQScH1rb5pth.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    zooey-deschanel-dont-know-gif.gif
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Ooops I understood it. Sometimes learning without real life application lacks effectiveness....
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    It was just a laugh, its taken some of us so long to figure the in and outs of nutrition, That it would have been better to have gone to university and gotten a degree, at least then we would have something to show for it. And then I thought if I was going to laugh at myself I might as well share something with some one who might click here, who is just starting their journey to good health they might take a tip away, eg drink water, hydrate.
    Just having a laugh at myself for being at it this long. When I joined the keto way just a few weeks, I realized how important fats where. being vegetarian before I ate too much carbs, and how sugar was messing me up.
    So just lighting up!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    OK--if you say so--shrug. B)
  • pattyebricker
    pattyebricker Posts: 149 Member
    I loved it and completely understood it. After all these years of researching we deserve a degree. Thanks OP, I'll take it.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Woohoo! I've got a degree lol 10 years and counting... I guess I'm a slow learner :p
    For those of us who have been at this for a while, we saw a few trends come to life... and die shortly after! In the end, there is no magical fix, only perseverance, dedication, counting calories, eating at a deficit (with healthy choices most of the time) and exercising!
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Thanks Mel & Patty , for laughing with me, and not at me :) and making this day lighter and more cheerful. Flowers for you both <3
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    111grace wrote: »
    Thanks Mel & Patty , for laughing with me, and not at me :) and making this day lighter and more cheerful. Flowers for you both <3

No one was laughing at you :flowerforyou:
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    i read a lot of things about nutrition, fitness, and losing weight plans. but i always focus on the "calories in vs calories out". regardless of my thoughts and $ spent on this plan or that plan and my desire to try them, i am smart enough to know that it's calories in vs calories out that will get me what i want. but before that, i have to be healthy in my thinking about myself before i even consider going on an "eating plan".
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    If it took me 8+ years to get in shape, then I would give myself an 'F' or an Incomplete!
This discussion has been closed.