Slow losers read this!

Hey there,

I am a 28yr old lady trying to get in the best shape ever... But I actually don't have a huge amount to lose- am 138lbs trying to get down to 115lbs.

I know this does not sound like a big task but when you are light-ish, the weight comes off super slow.... #frustrating.

Any girls in the same boat? Add me :smiley:

Replies

• fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    I'm also slow to lose weight, but have been able to maintain what I lose.
  • baldnavywife
    baldnavywife Posts: 36 Member
    Same here but I'll be better after the holidays
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    I've got only about 10lb left to lose, maybe less with strength training. It's taken me 3 years to lose 30lb, so I don't expect to lose this last 10 for another year.

slow losers unite!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    I've got a lot to lose (70 lbs) but, being 60-ish, it comes off in super slow motion.
  • DianaPrinceWW
    DianaPrinceWW Posts: 10
    edited November 2014
    Me, too, but possible. Three years ago I was 70 lbs heavier than now and now I only have 54 more to go. Losing slowly has let me experience successful maintenance - it's removed the huge fear factor becauase I know now that my body will keep it off. As for the last 54, holidays or not, I'm in and not cheating. Gym daily vigorous workout. My birthday is in March and my present to myself. . .gifted every day of healthy eating and moving. . .is to be at my goal weight. Take that gluttony holidays. :-) As for Santa, he can put a large, fresh California naval orange in my stocking - anything else and I'm gonna have to go after him. ;)
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Actually in my experience the heavier you are the quicker it comes off. It's always the last bit that is the hardest. Good luck to you. Just stick to it and don't set unrealistic goals. :smile:
  • Are you cutting for a fight to get weigh in? if its aesthetics then increase your muscle power and forget about cutting weight! kill fat by putting on muscle pal
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    edited November 2014
    I just learned a few weeks ago that the less you weigh, the longer and harder you have to work out to burn the same amount of calories!! It's kind of annoying but true. I would see people on my news feed that would log "250 calories burned walking 30 minutes", but if I log the same time and pace of walking it would be like 120 calories burned. And I was like- what the??

So now I'm noticing if I log "30 minutes of walking" I can see that the calories burned are just a few less than they were a couple of weeks ago, because I weigh a pound or so less. So that is another reason why it's hard to lose when you only have about 10 pounds or so to lose. You burn more calories when you weigh more! And this is definitely the reason why heavier people lose it faster. Oh well- the more reason to lift weights and add muscle - muscle burns more calories than fat- so off I go to the gym!!
  • berz82
    berz82 Posts: 100 Member
    edited November 2014
    you need to do it slow its so important you should never need to feel hungry.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    ugh!! I have 10 lbs to go and I swear I am lucky if I lose 1 lb per month!! More like 1/2 lb per month....so frustrating!!! But what other choice is there but to perservere!! Failing is not an option!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Me, too, but possible. Three years ago I was 70 lbs heavier than now and now I only have 54 more to go. Losing slowly has let me experience successful maintenance - it's removed the huge fear factor becauase I know now that my body will keep it off. As for the last 54, holidays or not, I'm in and not cheating. Gym daily vigorous workout. My birthday is in March and my present to myself. . .gifted every day of healthy eating and moving. . .is to be at my goal weight. Take that gluttony holidays. :-) As for Santa, he can put a large, fresh California naval orange in my stocking - anything else and I'm gonna have to go after him. ;)

That is a good success story.

jissn.com/content/11/1/7

This link to a research paper was posted by another yesterday but it drives home the 'requirement' to take it slow unless you want it all to jump back on you after you stop dieting. Dieting it claims is much more than calorie in calorie out simple.

• Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    It's so much better than gaining weight, though!