glute side dents

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    It's genetics. They way your glutes tie into your IT band determines if you have a more defined indention or not.

587-2.jpg
  • kassie212
    kassie212 Posts: 18 Member
    I hate genetics!
  • I also have them after losing 30lbs and to be honest I don't think there is much you can do apart from gain weight. I had a rounder bum before (more fat obviously) and didn't have the dents, so maybe it's just inevitable for most women when they get to a certain weight ?
    I have pretty well defined quads so I'm just trying to perk my bum up without making my legs any bigger which is going to be a task :neutral_face:

Even if it is mostly genetics you can definitely still get a cute, toned bum with working out even if the shape isn't perfectly round
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Wow, just know that there are some of us out there (me for one!) That thinks those dents are ultra sexy and am working towards getting some of my very own one day!
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Wow, just know that there are some of us out there (me for one!) That thinks those dents are ultra sexy and am working towards getting some of my very own one day!

This
  • HairMaiden
    HairMaiden Posts: 5 Member
    Hello I once read a number of articles regarding this subject written by a black woman which were very explanatory, I am having alot of trouble locating her website right now however. In black and latino culture the big rounded "bubble butt" is considered the ultimate feminine feature when paired with a small waist (Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian etc.) This means that women in these cultures worry *alot* more about things like the butt dent or having a square butt. That's why this website was so good because the woman had really done her research on it, sort of like how you can find alot of white people with every trick in the book regarding abs.
    It is pretty much solely to do with where your body stores its last reserves of fat, plus the size of your glute muscles (some very thin women have no dents because their glutes are nonexistent and pancakey). Women will sometimes not have the dents when they are thin because their body has stored some of it's last fat reserves on the butt, like some thin girls will have all the fat reserves on their belly.
    You need to recognise that if you don't have a pear shape at a higher weight (fat butt for your weight) then you will lose fat more evenly (or perhaps unevenly if you are an apple shape) and there will be no fat to "cover" this muscle and make it appear like a rounded booty (this rounded look you want is simply fat, glutes can make it larger from underneath but the bubblebutt is caused by fat). This is why some might find it to be "masculine" looking because men don't normally store much fat on their butt, at any weight.
    My advice is to keep working on your glutes, a more muscular butt can look very attractive on a woman, especially if she works at her bodybuilding in a way that balances proportions and composition. For example if you find that your butt and legs are small and it gives you a triangular appearance, work on bulking the bottom half (obvious example). Just work to find balance in your body overall and you will look like a million dollars.

It is also worth noting that the majority of white women do not have shapes that allow for a round butt at a lower weight, you're very normal. Besides, it always looks round when you bend over ;)
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    sigh.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    HairMaiden wrote: »
    Hello I once read a number of articles regarding this subject written by a black woman which were very explanatory, I am having alot of trouble locating her website right now however. In black and latino culture the big rounded "bubble butt" is considered the ultimate feminine feature when paired with a small waist (Nicki Minaj, Kim Kardashian etc.) This means that women in these cultures worry *alot* more about things like the butt dent or having a square butt. That's why this website was so good because the woman had really done her research on it, sort of like how you can find alot of white people with every trick in the book regarding abs.
    It is pretty much solely to do with where your body stores its last reserves of fat, plus the size of your glute muscles (some very thin women have no dents because their glutes are nonexistent and pancakey). Women will sometimes not have the dents when they are thin because their body has stored some of it's last fat reserves on the butt, like some thin girls will have all the fat reserves on their belly.
    You need to recognise that if you don't have a pear shape at a higher weight (fat butt for your weight) then you will lose fat more evenly (or perhaps unevenly if you are an apple shape) and there will be no fat to "cover" this muscle and make it appear like a rounded booty (this rounded look you want is simply fat, glutes can make it larger from underneath but the bubblebutt is caused by fat). This is why some might find it to be "masculine" looking because men don't normally store much fat on their butt, at any weight.
    My advice is to keep working on your glutes, a more muscular butt can look very attractive on a woman, especially if she works at her bodybuilding in a way that balances proportions and composition. For example if you find that your butt and legs are small and it gives you a triangular appearance, work on bulking the bottom half (obvious example). Just work to find balance in your body overall and you will look like a million dollars.

It is also worth noting that the majority of white women do not have shapes that allow for a round butt at a lower weight, you're very normal. Besides, it always looks round when you bend over ;)

:noway: :huh:
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    randomtai wrote: »

:noway: :huh:

+1 ??? SMDH!

• HairMaiden
    HairMaiden Posts: 5 Member
    What exactly about my post do you girls not agree with? People hold more fat in different places due to genetics, the less fat you have on your butt the more you will have "butt dents". The less fat you have on your bicep, the more defined the muscle will be.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I don't know why people are getting down on HairMaiden. Steatopygia, look it up. It's a genetic trait where fat stores mainly in the buttock area specific to Southern African peoples which largely affects the women of those cultures.
  • randomtai
    What exactly about my post do you girls not agree with? People hold more fat in different places due to genetics, the less fat you have on your butt the more you will have "butt dents". The less fat you have on your bicep, the more defined the muscle will be.

Has NOTHING to do with race...
  • randomtai
    I don't know why people are getting down on HairMaiden. Steatopygia, look it up. It's a genetic trait where fat stores mainly in the buttock area specific to Southern African peoples which largely affects the women of those cultures.

That does not speak for the entire race. :noway: Too much ignorance.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Butt dents are sexy!
  • peachyfuzzle

So, your previous post says that it has nothing to do with race, and now you're saying it doesn't speak to the entire race, but you also think that genetics has nothing to do with race?

Wait, wut?

Methinks you're the ignorant one here.
  • randomtai

So, your previous post says that it has nothing to do with race, and now you're saying it doesn't speak to the entire race, but you also think that genetics has nothing to do with race?

Wait, wut?

Yeah ok. All Black people are the same. :noway:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member

Wait, wut?

Seriously??? Thats like saying my thighs are bigger than my waist, because I'm white!
    ybk60syatjsy.jpeg
  • peachyfuzzle
    Nobody said all black people are the same. Nobody said all white people are the same. Nobody said all chinese people, or german people, or moonmen are the same.

The argument is about genetic pre-disposition, so stop acting like it is about something else. We are pre-disposed, which does not mean we are 100% going to be like anyone else in our familial lines by the way, to all types of things, including where fat collects on our bodies, due to genetics.

Me? I'm Native American. I'm pre-disposed to having stick legs, no glutes, and a big upper body. Does that mean that I 100% must fit that exact genetic billing because of my dna? No, but it does mean that my race taken as a whole tends toward certain features, and that I end up somewhere along that bell curve compared against everyone else who is Native.
  • randomtai
    Nobody said all black people are the same. Nobody said all white people are the same. Nobody said all chinese people, or german people, or moonmen are the same.

The argument is about genetic pre-disposition, so stop acting like it is about something else. We are pre-disposed, which does not mean we are 100% going to be like anyone else in our familial lines by the way, to all types of things, including where fat collects on our bodies, due to genetics.

Me? I'm Native American. I'm pre-disposed to having stick legs, no glutes, and a big upper body. Does that mean that I 100% must fit that exact genetic billing because of my dna? No, but it does mean that my race taken as a whole tends toward certain features, and that I end up somewhere along that bell curve compared against everyone else who is Native.

But that is not what Hairmaiden wrote. That is you projecting.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Are Jews predisposed to running? Just curious.