LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    FYI, Reebok is 40% off site wide today; code "HOLIDAY"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Checkout Rogue for some ideas http://www.roguefitness.com/. There own line is pretty popular and not very expensive. Also, I have used cheap dress shoes with good results since they have a hard supportive sole and are almost as good as a real lifting shoe.

Yup. I was on there all day yesterday and on Eastbay. Eastbay has better deals so I'm going with them.

I've heard great things about Eastbay but they don't seem to have a Canadian presence so for me Rogue is the better option. Sucks having to pay duty! :angry:
    My condolences on being Canadian.

LOL, it's not so bad if you like snow! ;)
    I envy you folks, you can actually buy horse meat. That stuff is delicious.

Actually, that's news to me but I've never actually looked for it.
    All the horse I've eaten I've had people bring back from the land of the maple and mounties.

Hey! Don't forget strong beer and beavers -- the animal kind I mean. ;)

I wouldn't call Labatt's strong. ;)
  • dbmata
    JoRocka wrote: »
    As a horse lover I'm an outliar- I don't oppose it for squimy issues- I just think it's questionable on the health front.

Yeah, love the animals, love them even more once learning of their deliciousness. I do wish we had a cleaner meat supply for it though. I think the Quebecois could potentially lead the cavalry charge there. Ok, enough outta me and my highjack.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    I've actually been curious about this too....I wear Nike Air Max, mainly because that's the only "real" sneaker I have right now (the rest are "fashion" sneakers that I would prefer not to scuff up at the gym). I don't know if those are good or bad to use though, but they seem fine to me..lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited December 2014
    Checkout Rogue for some ideas http://www.roguefitness.com/. There own line is pretty popular and not very expensive. Also, I have used cheap dress shoes with good results since they have a hard supportive sole and are almost as good as a real lifting shoe.

Yup. I was on there all day yesterday and on Eastbay. Eastbay has better deals so I'm going with them.

I've heard great things about Eastbay but they don't seem to have a Canadian presence so for me Rogue is the better option. Sucks having to pay duty! :angry:

All the horse I've eaten I've had people bring back from the land of the maple and mounties.

Depends which beer, Labatt's Max Ice is 7.1% by volume (5.6% by weight) but I don't consider most of Labatt's brands to be real beer anyway. We have much better!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I've actually been curious about this too....I wear Nike Air Max, mainly because that's the only "real" sneaker I have right now (the rest are "fashion" sneakers that I would prefer not to scuff up at the gym). I don't know if those are good or bad to use though, but they seem fine to me..lol

Do they squish from shock-absorbing material?
    Then not good.
  • dbmata

Depends which beer, Labatt's Max Ice is 7.1% by volume (5.6% by weight) but I don't consider most of Labatt's brands to be real beer anyway. We have much better!

You reminded me to pick up a light beer tonight. Old Rasputin. It's good.
  • dbmata
    bubble? Sounds as stable as an AT-ST on a hillside of logs.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member

Cheers!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Where do you all buy converse?? I have bought low tops women's at Nordstrom for 25$. You are getting taken.
    I am thinking about fancy shoes for squats at my comp but downtown portland or aka niketown has no weightlifting shoes in stock. I am going to try the Adidas American headquarters also in Portland next. I can't buy shoes online!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Where do you all buy converse?? I have bought low tops women's at Nordstrom for 25$. You are getting taken.
    I am thinking about fancy shoes for squats at my comp but downtown portland or aka niketown has no weightlifting shoes in stock. I am going to try the Adidas American headquarters also in Portland next. I can't buy shoes online!!!

I got some at rack room shoes on clearance plus they were buy one get one half off, so they were I think $8 or $12; something like that.

And I'd never hear Old Rasputin referred to as a light beer before, but damn it's good. Hm, that got me thinking, I wonder if I can have that at trivia tomorrow... I always annoy people because when they ask for a light beer I always recommend guinness since it's pretty low in calories.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Haven't read through but I clearly win for best shoes

CAM00287_zpscxuflaay.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Right now I'm using New Balance Minimus.

NewBalance_zps046d0fe7.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • dbmata
    edited December 2014
    auddii wrote: »

I got some at rack room shoes on clearance plus they were buy one get one half off, so they were I think $8 or $12; something like that.

And I'd never hear Old Rasputin referred to as a light beer before, but damn it's good. Hm, that got me thinking, I wonder if I can have that at trivia tomorrow... I always annoy people because when they ask for a light beer I always recommend guinness since it's pretty low in calories.

The pub half a mile from my house serves me old ras in imperial pints. 20oz of angry Cali-russian love.

ETA - my definition of a strong beer is like 15%+, I like my beer as close to a spirit as possible, apparently. That's why I like winter so much. Mephistopheles during the summer is hard(er) to drink.
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    barefoot sneakers (was new balance, now merrell) or chucks