Would you sell your pet for $140,000?

Replies

• Never. My 3-legged hot mess of a wannabe lap dog is the best $80 I have ever spent. I adopted him during one of the hardest times of my life and he has been by my side ever since. I could never part with him. I'm already dreading my final years with him because I know he will never be able to be replaced.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    I really love my cat, so I would have to say no.

But they are welcome to my wife and all 3 kids for $50 in Starbuck's coupons.

Hahahahaha.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    If I could be assured 100% that they would love them and care for them forever, then yes.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Like I always say anything is for sale, depending on price. :) go ahead and have it all!
  • Can I sell a rental for 140k? I mean, it's not wrong selling other's property and taking the proceeds right? lol
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    as long as the recipient was a good person and i could expect that animal to have a good life with them.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Sell my dogs? Hmmm...if I knew they would be loved like I love them and have a good life, maybe. It would be an interesting moral discussion with myself.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    I could never! My cat is turning 17 and is such a huge part of my life. I have had her since she was a month old and I was 11. She will live and pass away warm, happy, and safe with me. No matter how much anyone offers me for her.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    edited December 2014
    Absolutely not…my puppy is a pain in the *kitten* sometimes, but I love him like crazy! I can't imagine my day without the little fur ball!
  • mrsleprechaun
    mrsleprechaun Posts: 6 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd sell my younger dog for 140k because we only just got her and the kids aren't that attached to her yet. I could buy a house in my area with that kind of money and be set. My other two pets, I couldn't sell. The older dog is my son's dog and the cat is my daughter's (and the one time she escaped while we were moving, my oldest daughter cried 24/7 until we found her.)

Tbh if it was just MY decision? BOTH OF THEM drive me insane in their own ways - Can I get 140k each!? - the cat likes to piss on the bathroom rug and the dog is a rescue with brain damage from being hit by a car as a puppy, blind in one eye, partially deaf, needs special princess hypoallergenic expen$$$ive *kitten* dog food because of severe allergies, and has a penchant for bolting out of any open door and making us chase him around the neighborhood a few times a week... but my kids would be destroyed if they went anywhere, so they stay.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I don't know if I could or not. I have 4 and love each one. It depends on whether or not that the new person would love and take care of them or not. I couldn't leave them, knowing they'd come to harm.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    10609640_10203543597803545_1007652823771650845_n.jpg?oh=188a68990a8123793f565dd3e8dafaa7&oe=551C28FC

I could never imagine giving up my furry shadow/snuggle buddy! When you adopt a pet, you adopt them for their entire natural life. To be willing to sell them for a profit (especially when your family member is upset about the deal) shows they are a commodity, and not a true member of the family.
  • I will gladly sell my pet
  • Gawanne79
    Gawanne79 Posts: 11 Member
    my cat is 17 at Christmas and I dread losing her! I'd borrow and PAY somebody $140,000 if I could get all my past pets back. Fancy putting money before a living creature who lives with you and trusts you! Good for you Rinnylush and Court.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    so now not only are some peeps saying they would spit on $140k but that they would OWE $140k to bring back their past pets? must be some millionaires here on MFP
  • Gawanne79
    Gawanne79 Posts: 11 Member
    LOL Figgzie......millionaires! Nah, if the OAS ever dries up, then the rent money dries up. That means I'll be walking the cold streets of this cold clime and poor old Tabitha Daisy will be with me. However I refrained from selling the kids, so maybe they would take us in!!!
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    My house? Yes!!! My chihuahua and kitty? NEVER! They're my babies!
  • Jesslan_Rose
    Jesslan_Rose Posts: 137 Member
    edited December 2014
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    OH man, tough! That could pay off my house and then some, but to see my big ole luvvy cat be taken away, no, no I dont think I could!