Scale number will move only when good & ready

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    The thing is, if the scale is not moving I find its kind of hard for me to tell if im on track as you haven't got that weekly scale clue so at times it feels like you are flying blind. I will try my grey skirt on again in 3 weeks time & see how it's fitting. From past experience I know that my fat loss sweet spot is between 1700-1900 calories for the intense exercise I do. So I'll keep the faith & patience!

Well it's been a few weeks now since I tried the skirt on. I have great news! I tried on that grey skirt and the zipper goes all the way up now!!!! Before it only went half way! So I'm happy to know that I am making progress even though the scale has not moved still. Wooohoooo, the calorie amount I'm on is working so I'll continue eating the same amount in the safe knowledge I'm losing fat eating that amount. Yey so proof that I haven't plateaued :smiley: phew!!

• Kim55555
    rockstar53 wrote: »
    Yup…so needed to hear this!! Thank you!

Your welcome! :smile:
  • wildeyezz
    wildeyezz Posts: 84 Member
    I agree with you. I have lost 35 lbs and trying to lose my last 10, but the scale it taking it's sweet time...I am certainly seeing changes in my body as the fat turns to lean muscle.

Looking at the scale can be demotivating sometime, but I keep telling myself to 'trust the process'....that's my mantra!
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    @ wildeyezz......I too have been doing that self talk...'trust the process'...losing fat, clothes fitting better....all is good.
  • Kim55555
    Scale eventually moved. I'm now 61.1
  • skinny4me2be
    Yea!! Good job!!
  • Kim55555
    Ta. :) What's the bet the next kilo takes another two months haha. I don't care if it does as my only goal is to fit nicely into my black skirt. I plan to be in that skirt in 6-8 weeks time.
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Thank you - this makes me feel a lot better :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Scale eventually moved. I'm now 61.1

I see. The inspirational post from 2012 is no longer true?

1800-2000 is very high if that's your net and you're 5'2 and female. I am 5'11 and set to lose .5 lbs/week (so, very small deficit), and my goal is to net 1700 calories a day.
  • Kim55555
    No it's gross. I've been losing averaging 1850 gross weekly. I'll have to get around to posting my progress pics.
  • Kim55555
    What do you mean? No longer true??
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    I would love to see your progress pics! I just increased my gross to 1700 and I'm a little worried about it, although I feel great and was able to workout out six daysa last week, something I did not feel I could do when I was eating 1300. I'm in it for the long haul, so I love hearing about people who do take this longer view. I have finally realized I really don't really care what the scale says unless it also means I can fit into smaller clothes!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    long view works for me!! it took a lot of years to put this weight on and if it takes just as long to take it off...then that is ok. Fear of failure can often make it hard to even start a difficult project like weight loss so don't set yourself up to fail by being unrealistic. Working out 1 day a week is better than 0. eating 2000 calories a day is better than eating more than that. Gaining in confidence that I can do this has been really important to me and so I started with small changes that I knew I could deal with and I've accomplished more than I ever thought I would.
  • Kim55555
    edited November 2014
    August 1 2014 - November 7 2014

66 kg to 61 kg. Average weekly calories 1850

Goal is 15 - 20 % body fat

3d6c861vr0n5.jpg
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    You've lost 32 kg - Wow that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes please post before & after photos of yourself.

Thanks for sharing about the scale. So many people, myself included can be so focused on the 'number' when really we do need to go by how we look & feel
  • Kim55555
    2013sk wrote: »
    You've lost 32 kg - Wow that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes please post before & after photos of yourself.

Thanks for sharing about the scale. So many people, myself included can be so focused on the 'number' when really we do need to go by how we look & feel

Hi

Your welcome! :)

Thanks, yeah it was hard work losing the 32 kg. Maintenance has been a struggle since starting my maintenance in Feb 2013 as I put weight on during the winter of 2013 & also 2014. But each time I lost it again. After I finish this cut I plan to continue to track my calories & maintain. I don't want to have to diet 5 months of every year like I've done twice now since I lost it all. Lesson learned :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Ta. :) What's the bet the next kilo takes another two months haha. I don't care if it does as my only goal is to fit nicely into my black skirt. I plan to be in that skirt in 6-8 weeks time.

November 17 I posted that I planned to be in that black skirt in 6-8 weeks time. Well I wore that skirt today to work!!! Way ahead of schedule being December 1st ! Wooohooo!!!!!!! :smiley:

Scale still fluctuating between 61.1 & 61.7. Haha but who cares, I don't. :wink:
  • Kim55555
    edited December 2014
    My Gross calorie average for November:

Week 1 1906 average gross calories
    Week 2 1898 average gross calories
    Week 3 1954 average gross calories
    Week 4 1922 average gross calories

So I'm eating more!!! & still losing!!! :smile:

The October gross calorie average was 1850
  • skinny4me2be
    The scale does move when its good and ready-just like you said. I'm on the 2nd phase of T 25 and I was losing inches like no tomorrow, but the scale did not budge, it went up instead (only because I was not eating at the right level). Now that I've got the right calorie amounts to eat, the scale is finally moving!! Took 5-6 weeks to figure all that out, but had I not measured, I would have given up. So happy to see the scale move now too!
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    This is so inspirational.
    Thanks for posting this
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!