Shout Outs

logicalinks
logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
For me, most of my motivation to lose some weight and become more fit at age 53 resides within me. I really, really like how much better I feel physically and emotionally now that I'm taking care of myself with exercise and nutrition. I can't imagine not making this a priority going forward. It's just part of who I am now.

However, one of my best external supports/motivators is my partner Sarah. She eats very healthy and is a great cook. Eating and preparing meals we both enjoy has motivated me to become a pescetarian (vegetarian except allowing for fish & seafood) like her, to eat cleaner, and to support local farmers' CSA efforts.

We run together and our mutual encouragement of each other in that has led us to a goal of running a half marathon in March of next year. She does yoga (which I do not) and I strength train (which she does not), but I think we're both open to adding those things to our plate as well at some point.

And so, not only do I have a "buddy" to share in exercise and nutrition with me, but she supports me (and I her) with words of affirmation and encouragement. Having her in my life has been a wonderful help in working toward my goals of a healthy, balanced life. I am so grateful to have such a support system. Thanks, Sarah!

What about you? Who helps you be your best self?

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    my gym buddy, Yoda.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    although he's switched into full triathlon brain and is abandoning me and the weight room!

/full dramatic collapse