An obese nutritionist: would you be her patient?

1121314151618»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Would you chose a life coach whose life was falling apart?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    Would you chose a life coach whose life was falling apart?
    I agree with this too an extent....but I know great accountants who are amazing with all their clients books, but their books are a mess. I know house cleaners who do a wonderful job, but their homes are a mess. There are therapist who do their job fantastically, but they need therapy themselves....so you never know the case.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    B)
    "Those who can't do teach."

Self-control is not the same thing as having knowledge. I would probably take her advice with a grain of salt, and do my own research on her advise, but that wouldn't dissuade me from visiting her altogether.

Sorry, I have to be a total nerd and correct this quote..."Those who can do, those who can't teach." Bernard Shaw (I use this and many other quotes from him frequently LOL). If mine is also a little off sorry but I think I'm close.

I've heard an extention to this quote "and those who neither can nor can't become critics." but I'm not sure who said that.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Sorry, I have to be a total nerd and correct this quote..."Those who can do, those who can't teach." Bernard Shaw (I use this and many other quotes from him frequently LOL). If mine is also a little off sorry but I think I'm close.
    It's also horridly inaccurate and comes from a position of idolatry of idiocy, but yeah.
  • dbmata
    B)

Self-control is not the same thing as having knowledge. I would probably take her advice with a grain of salt, and do my own research on her advise, but that wouldn't dissuade me from visiting her altogether.

I've heard an extention to this quote "and those who neither can nor can't become critics." but I'm not sure who said that.

I'm sure I say that on a daily basis about video game "journalists" lol.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Do you take investment advice from people that aren't millionaires?
  • dbmata
    Do you take investment advice from people that aren't millionaires?

For some people, very competent and intelligent people... it's hard to gain $1mil in solvency without patronage, or being born into an already affluent family.

We all know that.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Would you live in an apartment even though they are stuck together?
  • dbmata
    Would you live in an apartment even though they are stuck together?

Would you eat a goat if what you really wanted was lamb?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    B)

someone on the internet that couldn't find time to workout.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    B)

someone on the internet that couldn't find time to workout.

ROFL