Any women out there have mixed feelings about losing curves?

Replies

• maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    very jealous of any of you who are genetically blessed to have a good ratio and who've kept their curves!
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    nope!
  • maria0elisa
    My mom has commented that I've "lost my butt". I'm totally okay with losing it and my boobs because neither were ever impressive to look at naked.
    yeah I agree with this... I think when most people are slightly overweight, sure, your 'curves' might look great kind of in isolation or under flattering clothes but as an overall figure, not so much.
    It's nice to enjoy your overall figure naked after you've lost the weight:)
    Course this doesn't apply to everyone and they are some people out there who are proportioned like beyonce and I'm very jealous if you are;)

• maria0elisa
    edited December 2014
    I mean, as my boobs were pretty small anyway when I was overweight, I feel more confident in them now, because I have the slim body to match my small boobs!

So I wouldn't wear a push-up bra because I'm happy being a "slim but small" girl now, and if I did wear one there'd be such an awkward difference between my figure clothed vs naked haha!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    I too have mixed feelings.. the first place i lose weight is in my hips and bum. when i was nearly 300 lbs i had a round set of buns. 50 lbs down and i have a flat piece of bannock.

i don't mind losing in my bust as i'm freakishly large there, and after losing weight i can simply have everything lifted. but i'm frustrated that i'm losing so little in the pannus. i feel better being lighter but that fat tire is more noticeable now. frustrating, since my hips and thighs now fit size 18 pants but my midsection doesn't even come close.
  • maria0elisa
    I also have a theory that when you first lose weight, if you're unlucky like me, your curves might be the first to go... so there'll be a depressing but temporary stage when you've lost the curves but you've still got your bigger stomach...!
    However at the end, you'll probably even out to having everything in proportion and a much slimmer overall figure?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    My profile pic is after I lost weight after my 2nd baby. I kept my curves and my 10 inch difference between my waist and hips. I'm losing weight after my third baby and expect the same to happen again. I don't mind if I lose a bit from my boobs though.
  • Yes, definitely. 45 pounds later, looking at my before and afters - I no longer have much of a butt either, and my boobs are practically gone too. But i realize those aren't essentials. I rather be healthy and happy then curvy, unhealthy and depressed.
  • maria0elisa
    edited December 2014
    Also I might be wrong/deluded but I think more natural-looking boobs might be coming "into fashion" again now...?? (Not that that's ever a reason to do anything....)
    There's kind of been a backlash against plastic surgery lately and reassertion of a more natural figure (whether that means naturally slim or naturally curvy...) ?
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    hmmm... many on here believe an hourglass figure just equates to measurements. In art, and fashion it has an entirely different meaning.

More like Sherry Britton. Much more.

I've never been overweight, but I have lost a few pounds in the past due to lack of lifting bodyweight, and the difference in bust and bum are were noticeable. Easily corrected when I started lifting again and I once again enjoy being smooth, and perky. I'd rather have a small firm upside down heart shaped *kitten* than nothing... lots of lunges and hip thrusts for me. :)

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    I have lost a lot of curves since starting my weight loss journey, but the new curves are much better. I guess I just look at it as improving them, rather than loosing them. Heaven knows the old me had all the wrong curves in all the wrong places, and it's nice to see that changing.
  • I'm new to this whole weight thing and mfp (which is awesome!!) but this was a HUGE worry of mine. I mean, I was always curvy and much of that was probably me being overweight. But being 5'2 and hitting 175 lbs earlier this year was a wake up call. Now I am at 133 lbs and I've lost weight everywhere such that I have the same shape, just smaller. And tbh it looks much better! Also I was sad that I recently noticed a small decrease in my bust but you can't have it all :D I know I can lose more to be "healthier" but I don't want to lose my curves so I think I will be maintaining once I hit around 130 lbs.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    My butt has always been my favorite body part lol. I gain weight there primarily and I'm learning I loss it there first too. But I'm doing Strong Curves so I can shape up my butt muscle where I know I'll lose curves. Seems to be working well because while I've lost inches, I defknitely see more perk.
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    I've farewelled 8.5 cm from my bust and 18 cm from my hips since I started measuring the changes in August last year. I didn't have a particularly large bust to begin with so, I'm just a little miffed to have lost so much of my 'assets'. I know it's better to be healthy but, I still miss my boobs :(
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    I have lost almost only weight from my boobs. They're disappearing into oblivion, quite literally. Positive = I didn't buy new bras when I had got bigger, so even my partner notices my bras fit again (the dreaded 4boobs are gone). But, I am now struggling to fill the bras. And that is upsetting because I'm a pear and my *kitten* and hips are definitely not shrinking :(
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I have quite a bit of weight to lose still, but I'm almost 50 pounds down and the most noticeable thing is my poor butt has gotten sort of flat. My boobs have gotten smaller, but I'm very okay with that as they were huge and caused back pain. But I'm still a little confused when I look at my butt and see it's gone from round and fitting firmly in jeans to way smaller and flat. XD

I'll be curious to see what happens when I lose more weight and what happens to the remainder of the curves, but like others have said, I am now noticing different things about myself to be excited about. It's always been about my big breasts and big butt, and now I'm like "Damn, my legs look great! Look at this muscle here! My arms aren't so noodly!". Never would have said any of that before.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I wasn't really sad about losing curves because I was gaining muscle definition and hipbones!

However, one bizarre thing is that with this last push to my goal weight (I'm within 5 lbs), all of the sudden I am losing my breasts--and that's making me a bit sad. When I was younger I was quite thin and always had large breasts... I guess my body has decided that I really don't need them anymore (I'll be 45 next month, so my childbearing years are coming to a close) because 15 lbs ago I was wearing a size 32F bra and now I am in a 32C. If I weren't so afraid of the pain of surgery and recovery I'd probably be seriously considering implants at this stage. On the upside I guess I might actually be able to have a normal golf swing now.
  • maria0elisa
    I have lost almost only weight from my boobs. They're disappearing into oblivion, quite literally. Positive = I didn't buy new bras when I had got bigger, so even my partner notices my bras fit again (the dreaded 4boobs are gone). But, I am now struggling to fill the bras. And that is upsetting because I'm a pear and my *kitten* and hips are definitely not shrinking :(
    I suspect this might be a temporary stage and that your bottom half will soon come into line :)
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    amy0louise wrote: »
    I suspect this might be a temporary stage and that your bottom half will soon come into line :)

I sure as heck hope so! :) I was a pear at the best of times, now it's just worse! But you know. 6 weeks ago I wasn't losing anything. So swings and roundabouts. It's at least coming off. We simply can't choose where we lose it, so much as it's frustrating, can't do anything about it :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    If my boobs go below a D cup I'm stopping