Stuck

I've lost, and maintained a loss of 45 pounds over the past few years. The problem I have is I'm not at goal, and I would like to lose at least another 20 pounds. I know what I should be doing, but I am having a hard time getting my diet in check. I reached my current weight almost a year ago. I gained about ten pounds back over the summer. When I got back to work in September I dropped that ten pounds right away, but now I'm stuck again at my previous low weight. Any suggestions, encouragement?
SW: 234.5
CW: 188
GW: 165

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    The last 20 pounds are even tougher. Accurate calorie counting with scale is paramount.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    The last 20 pounds are even tougher. Accurate calorie counting with scale is paramount.
    True. If you aren't counting accurately you could just be spinning your wheels. The simple fact is, if you aren't losing weight, and don't have an underlying medical condition, you aren't eating at a calorie deficit.

Are you logging everything you eat? Are you weighing solids and measuring liquids to be sure your portion sizes are correct as often as possible? Are you meeting your daily calorie goals on MFP? Are you letting yourself choose the food entry with the lowest calorie total or are you trying to overestimate calories when you enter foods?

If you're exercising, are you using a heart rate monitor to measure calorie burns or using the calorie calculations from the exercise machine or MFP? The latter two can be pretty inaccurate so you'd be better off not eating back all of those calories or you could be cutting into your calorie deficit for the day.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    time to level up! do good work!!! come back in 2 months and show us what youve done!!!!