Struggling to keep motivated!

What do you do to keep motivated?
The voice in my head can be awfully convincing at times - I'm trying to tone up my body ALOT and lose a little weight, however on some days, I just find it a lot easier to be flabby and unhappy with myself, thoughts like... It's almost Christmas, there's going to be family around, you're going to be busy, no way you're going to be able to keep things up in this chaotic time!... Why not start on the 1st of January???
I've been procrastinating til next Monday since my daughter was born 23/09/2013.

What helps you?? :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    stand in front of a full length mirror in your underwear... happy with your reflection? no? put down the cake and go work out!
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Progress motivates me. Every time I lose another pound, or another inch, or even have a non-scale victory like someone complimenting me, or dropping a notch on my belt, or going a little bit faster on my run, or feeling amazingly righteous after completing a workout...That.
    If I'm struggling with the voices in my head, I try to remember that I'll never regret working out, but will always regret *not* working out.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    don't put off to tomorrow what you can start today! Each day you get a clean slate, better to start now than to gain even more over the next few weeks.
    If you find you are eating more then make yourself go out and move more as well, every little helps :) and theres nothing as motivating as getting some exercise in...then you can enjoy those feel good endorphins :)
    You have to WANT a better/healthier body enough work for it, you ARE worth it and noone can make it happen but you.
    Wishing you every success!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I do my best to let my motivation completely disappear.

Then Im sure that Im building self-discipline and controlling my life even though Im not 'moved' to do so.

Cause i'll never be able to count on being motivated, but I can always count on the training Ive given myself. And that carries over to all different parts of my life- from workplace to gym to personal relationships and hobbies.