Any women out there have mixed feelings about losing curves?

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited December 2014

Aviva92 wrote: »
    mykaylis wrote: »
    when you're used to being average or big, C cups seem very small. i would be devastated if i went below DD because i've been that big or larger since i was 15. when i lose weight i will likely still need a reduction because i'm a 38JJ (UK size, which is something like a US38M), but if i lose too much i'll just try to have them lifted not reduced.

but for normal weight people C is not small. seems ridiculous to me to worry about going below DD. If you're not overweight, that is too big.

Sweeping generalisation, much?

too big was an exaggeration, but if you're thin, it seems ridiculous to worry about being a DD cup down from whatever leter that was that I had never heard of in sizes.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh my word. People are worried about going below a D or calling a C small?! I was a 34B/C to begin with..... And am now just about filling a B bra, but probably should go 32B or 34A realistically, if this keeps going.

Now I just feel horrid and like a boy, it appears boobs are a determining factor in what makes you look feminine :(

I went up a cup size when I lost weight, because my band size decreased and my breast tissue stayed the same size. I was cramming into a 36C and found out I was actually a 36D. I get told "You don't look like a D!" because people have some incorrect notion that "D" means "big." It's just the ratio of your band to your tissue size. If I lose another couple inches off my band I will be a 34DD.

A 38C is the same cup size as a 36D and a 34DD and a 28F (yes, lol it's the same volume cup as a 38C) honestly, clinging to a size because it "sounds big" is the silliest thing I've ever heard.

Don't let people make you feel bad about yourself. 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size, anyway.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    when you're used to being average or big, C cups seem very small. i would be devastated if i went below DD because i've been that big or larger since i was 15. when i lose weight i will likely still need a reduction because i'm a 38JJ (UK size, which is something like a US38M), but if i lose too much i'll just try to have them lifted not reduced.

but for normal weight people C is not small. seems ridiculous to me to worry about going below DD. If you're not overweight, that is too big.

I am a 34D in my profile pic. Am I overweight?

no, but you are gifted in the chest area.

Gifted lol. I like that. I need the big boobs to balance out my big hips! Unfortunately I'm bigger at the mo, more a 36DD and UK14 (US10) 7 months post partum. I was just pregnant in this pic.
  • DawnieB1977
    I'm not sure if UK bra sizes are the same as US ones actually.
  • DawnieB1977
    Oh ok a UK 34D is a US 34C
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Oh my word. People are worried about going below a D or calling a C small?! I was a 34B/C to begin with..... And am now just about filling a B bra, but probably should go 32B or 34A realistically, if this keeps going.

Now I just feel horrid and like a boy, it appears boobs are a determining factor in what makes you look feminine :(

Whoa hold on a second. I was a DD when I was 13. I was 5'6" and 116 lbs so I wasn't overweight. That means I've been large chested for 23 years. When I went to my consult for a reduction I was freaking out over picking a breast size smaller than DD. I don't remember not having large boobs. It's a part of my self identity.

I have never looked at another woman and judged her breast size. Hell my sister's are smaller than a C and I think she looks amazing. If anything I've been envious of women who were smaller and didn't have my health problems.
  • I am on the same page generally. I never had much of a butt to begin with and was always smaller on the bottom but my problem areas were my tummy and my chest.
    I have lost 17 pounds going from 183.6 to 166.6 in 20 days and my chest and tummy area are the two that have been hit most.
    I went from a 38D to now a 36C but once I hit the 20 pound mark I am hoping to be around 34C. This helps me not have to get a breast reduction but maybe a lift!
  • levitateme
    lyttlewon wrote: »

Whoa hold on a second. I was a DD when I was 13. I was 5'6" and 116 lbs so I wasn't overweight. That means I've been large chested for 23 years. When I went to my consult for a reduction I was freaking out over picking a breast size smaller than DD. I don't remember not having large boobs. It's a part of my self identity.

I have never looked at another woman and judged her breast size. Hell my sister's are smaller than a C and I think she looks amazing. If anything I've been envious of women who were smaller and didn't have my health problems.

The letter on your cup size doesn't mean you have large breasts. Like I mentioned 34DD is the same exact cup size as 38C, and 40B, and 42A...

Saying someone is "smaller than a C" doesn't make sense, because a "C" is different depending on your band size. A 38C is equivalent to a 36D, but a 32C is the same size as a 30D or a 34B

rhv8hyhot0ug.png

• Aviva92

I am a 34D in my profile pic. Am I overweight?

no, but you are gifted in the chest area.

Gifted lol. I like that. I need the big boobs to balance out my big hips! Unfortunately I'm bigger at the mo, more a 36DD and UK14 (US10) 7 months post partum. I was just pregnant in this pic.

I have huge hips due to bone structure even at 106 pounds. Unfortunately I don't have the boobs to balance it out though. :(
  • Aviva92
    edited December 2014
    levitateme wrote: »

The letter on your cup size doesn't mean you have large breasts. Like I mentioned 34DD is the same exact cup size as 38C, and 40B, and 42A...

Saying someone is "smaller than a C" doesn't make sense, because a "C" is different depending on your band size. A 38C is equivalent to a 36D, but a 32C is the same size as a 30D or a 34B

rhv8hyhot0ug.png

It might be the same cup size, but isn't it stretched out due to the larger band size, therefore not really looking as big? A 34DD is very big to me since I'm a 34A. Actually, I'm probably more like a 34AA, but those aren't easy to find. There is no convincing me that it isn't big no matter what you compare it to. lol at a 34AA being compared to a 26D. does a 26D actually exist at all? We can make up fake sizes for a chart, but that's not reality.
  • lyttlewon
    edited December 2014

rhv8hyhot0ug.png

I was using her term to relate to the context of her statement. I understand US cup sizes. If you are referring to me specifically I'm a 38DDD which is classified as large when purchasing bras. When I was a 38H it was still classified as large.

Trust me I can't buy bras at Victoria's secret. I have to go to plus sized stores/sections.
  • levitateme
    edited December 2014

rhv8hyhot0ug.png

It might be the same cup size, but isn't it stretched out due to the larger band size, therefore not really looking as big? A 34DD is very big to me since I'm a 34A. Actually, I'm probably more like a 34AA, but those aren't easy to find. There is no convincing me that it isn't big no matter what you compare it to. lol at a 34AA being compared to a 26D. does a 26D actually exist at all? We can make up fake sizes for a chart, but that's not reality.

It's not about the sizes "being compared", the sizes in the same line on that chart are literally the same cup volume. Someone with a 28FF (I know someone with this size) has the same size breasts as I do (36D)

My 28FF friend was wearing like 32D before she got measured. I was wearing 36 C. Both of our attitudes were "There's no way I'm 'that big'" but that's not how bras work.

I'm not trying to convince you that you have big breasts, or convince anyone else that they have small breasts. I'm saying the attitude that anything less than C is small, is silly. All C cups are not the same size, all B cups are not the same size. The smaller your band and the bigger your cup, the bigger your boobs are.

That's all.

• afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    I've always been very bottom heavy. I've lost a total of 100 lbs in just under 3 years, and while I'm still pear shaped (crazy wide hips), my butt has deflated quite a bit. I have lots of extra skin, and I'm not exactly thrilled about it, but I am thrilled about the fact that I've lost the fat, and that it is entirely possible to bubble my butt back up with muscle instead of fat. So squats it is! Sadly, I fear there is no help for my boobs though :( They are goners.
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    One big advantage of weight loss is being able to spend less than $50 to get a bra that fits. So far I'm losing inches off my bust and band at the same rate, so still a DD even though I'm 90 pounds lighter, I've just gone from a 44 to a 38. Smaller but proportionate. Breasts are part fat and part glands, so how small they can get is partially genetic. I was a B cup at 116 pounds, so I don't think I'll go lower than that. However, it's a lot easier to find an affordable, pretty bra at the smaller sizes. And, hopefully, a smaller cup size is easier to manage during a HIIt workout. ;)
  • lyttlewon

rhv8hyhot0ug.png

It's not about the sizes "being compared", the sizes in the same line on that chart are literally the same cup volume. Someone with a 28FF (I know someone with this size) has the same size breasts as I do (36D)

My 28FF friend was wearing like 32D before she got measured. I was wearing 36 C. Both of our attitudes were "There's no way I'm 'that big'" but that's not how bras work.

I'm not trying to convince you that you have big breasts, or convince anyone else that they have small breasts. I'm saying the attitude that anything less than C is small, is silly. All C cups are not the same size, all B cups are not the same size. The smaller your band and the bigger your cup, the bigger your boobs are.

That's all.

I see your point. All I was trying to get at in the comment you quoted earlier is, I really don't care about what size another woman's boobs are. I dont even think they define femininity. In the context of the space I possess with my own body, I care. It's not related to anyone but myself.
  • Aviva92
    edited December 2014

rhv8hyhot0ug.png

That's all.

yes, but the cup volume is more spread out on a bigger band, so it doesn't look as big. it looks more in proportion. that's my point. so if you're a 32 (and some huge letter in here), you have big boobs.
  • sarahmorris32
    sarahmorris32 Posts: 7 Member
    [/quote]

yes, but the cup volume is more spread out on a bigger band, so it doesn't look as big. it looks more in proportion. that's my point.[/quote]

That is complete nonsense. The base of the breast does not stretch out or change because the band is bigger. Over the course of losing 50 pounds, I went from a 36DD (I was wearing the wrong size at the time) to a 30ff, and I can assure you that is not how it works. The skin of the breast expands to accommodate additional volume caused by fat, but it doesn't affect the underlying shape or placement of the breasts themselves in relation to the chest. That is all determined by genetics. What's more, most women wear the wrong bra size. In part, because women have this misguided belief that anything larger than a D cup is enormous, when for a lot of women, especially smaller ones that is nonsense. Earlier you mentioned it sounds like a porn star size, which is kind of silly because the average porn star wears a 34B which is a lot closer to your breast size than mine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/average-porn-star-bra-size-weight-hair-color-millward_n_2717326.html
  • Aviva92
    edited December 2014

if you say so. regardless, on a smaller frame, larger breasts will look bigger than on a larger frame.

my point is to stop losing weight because you might not be some ridiculously big letter on the bra size chart anymore and instead to stay overweight and unhealthy means to me that you should reevaluate your life choices. large breasts on a small frame is not as likely to happen naturally, so people should just get over it. i don't care what the average porn star wears. if they stay natural then good for them.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Even when I was 97 lbs, I was curvy. So I'm not worried.
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 717 Member
    Squats will do wonders. I am actually wearing bigger pants because my butt is bigger.