women who dont shave

Replies

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    my husband refuses to cut his armpit hair to lessen the man-stink, so i see no reason why i should shave mine. if it gets too long it's annoying so i trim it to about half-inch long, and occasionally i might use my husband's clippers to get it shorter. shaving causes me incredible skin irritation and it lasts for days. as for legs, i haven't shaved them in about 2 years. in the summer i might occasionally shave them if the wind makes my hair tickle my legs annoyingly, otherwise i leave it alone. skin irritation again.

my husband doesn't like it but his back is hairier than my leg any day, so he can just shut up about it.
  • lol @ the men saying that women who don't shave smell bad. it's as if they don't have hair growing all over their bodies... on their faces... on their toes... their chest... their back... their butts... like the eyeball is the only place men don't grow hair.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    Guys love confidence I respect that but they also love the way our body is so smooth and when one shaves it plays that part of oneself more then guys love it.

Oh wow I wasn't aware that I was going to meet the ambassador of men today! I would have cleaned up a bit… maybe shaved even.

oh wow look it Im being sassed at. First off its true guys do love confidence and the smoothness of our skin so i don't get why you had to say that! Or am I lying yeah guys absolutely do not care at all what we do or not do I mean right? Caue a million of us woman walk around with hair on 1/3 parts that normally get shaved off…yep stupid me for saying something (rolling my eyes please)
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    I think it's hilarious all the comments that unshaven/natural hair women "smell like XXXX." Like really? I guess you won't have to smell me, since I don't want to be anywhere near that ignorance :p

FTR, I'm crazy pale with black hair. IMO, I look better unshaven, since I get 5 o'clock shadow exactly 12 seconds after shaving anyway. The soft, fuzzy look/feel is more attractive than sandpaper (for me, YMMV). That's what I like my body to look like. And I like others to look like whatever they like for their own bodies :)

Yess. I hate the sandpaper..and also have pale skin and dark hair. Shaving pretty much does nothing but cause irritation for my legs and bikini area.

OMG, the itching and red bumps, too, right?! Not a sexy look for some of us, lol!

Yep. I'd rather have some fuzz than look like raw chicken or like I have some kind of infection and be uncomfortable.
    Hair conditioners help just saying been using it the cheap ones and silkier results render. Btw I can shave ALMOST everyday without those bumps from regular hair conditioner and warm water. No rashes here at all
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    Guys love confidence I respect that but they also love the way our body is so smooth and when one shaves it plays that part of oneself more then guys love it.

Oh wow I wasn't aware that I was going to meet the ambassador of men today! I would have cleaned up a bit… maybe shaved even.

oh wow look it Im being sassed at. First off its true guys do love confidence and the smoothness of our skin so i don't get why you had to say that! Or am I lying yeah guys absolutely do not care at all what we do or not do I mean right? Caue a million of us woman walk around with hair on 1/3 parts that normally get shaved off…yep stupid me for saying something (rolling my eyes please)

So you know what ALL "guys" like? My husband doesn't care about the smoothness of my skin.
  • jmunn1129
    jmunn1129 Posts: 32 Member
    For me I used to shave religiously (every day, sometimes twice a day) but when I started dating my new boyfriend, he said it didn't matter to him one bit if I shaved or not, as long as I still bathed properly. :) So now I shave whenever it gets fuzzy, but stuble doesn't bother me. I probably shave my legs every week or two, and underarms weekly/whenever I wear a tank top, simply for hygiene reasons.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Where's the men shave board?
  • ActorFighterGuy
    ActorFighterGuy Posts: 465 Member
    ^ I was about to say...lol
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Gross. Just my opinion.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    I dated a guy once that shaved his pits...strange but not unpleasant!
  • lothquendi
    lothquendi Posts: 22 Member
    I stopped shaving in the Peace Corps, and never restarted again. I haven't had any guys complain so far!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Mangroomer! As seen on Tv.....
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    If you shave, then you can't do this:

Dyeing-Your-Armpit-Hair-Colors.jpg
    Just not convincing to me but hey whatever floats yer boat. A lot of people don't mind it but their are people who are really really for the clean shave feel. If I let my leg hair grow and um AHEM grow out for months because I was simply in that time of the month and not getting any anyway I look forward the awesome smoothness I get when i FINALLY DO. Its one things that makes ME feel super uber sexy and a real woman! I have fine light brown hair too so its hardly unnoticeable but but until that light hits the right way against the legs and your out in public hehe ew.Uhm Guys love confidence I respect that but they also love the way our body is so smooth and when one shaves it plays that part of oneself more then guys love it. I love it my smooth legs even more though. I simply feel sloppy when I don't shave

You....you have your period for MONTHS?? Wut??

Also, I was not aware that ALL guys had the same preferences. Good to know.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    My late husband shaved his pits and arms. He just didn't like hair. He'd let his chest hair grow out because I liked it, but it would begin to bother him, so he'd trim it short.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Mangroomer! As seen on Tv.....

Buy one and we'll throw the second in for free!! lol
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Any kind of bullying sends you straight into the 'yup, complete d*ckbag' corner, but girls have to deal with an entire multi-billion dollar beauty industry that profits off their low self-esteem and constant media and societal bombardment telling them how to exist anyway, so little snot-nosed brats in schoolyards really don't need to be adding to that pressure.

Granted, women do have a lot of bombardment telling them how to be, but we can't forget men have the same issue. What of all the Calvin Klein underwear ads and whatnot telling them they have to have chiseled abs and a rather large dingledongle?

While it's not as widespread, it's still an issue for both genders. I say everyone should have the right to do as they please, both men and women, hairy or not hairy:-)
    I'm sure I'd lose the argument over which sex has it worse but I will say one thing that sucks about being a guy is there is no off limits subject. People will comment on your weight, hairline, and everything else openly. Try that on a woman and you're being a creep or shaming her in some way.

Really? Please pass that memo to where I live. Both men and women feel free to comment on my weight, my hair, my skin, and their assessment of my curves and whether or not they are pleasing to them. I'd be thrilled if all of this went away.
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Absolutely nasty. I like smootheness and softness to me. As does my husband. The only place I want hair is on my head, my eyelashes, and brows. That's it.
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    I don't shave. I wax, from the lip down. No stubble, longer results. But that's just me, because I can't stand having body hair. What other women do is of zero concern to me. Unless they had dred pits... that I might have to stare slack jawed at.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I'm 8 months pregnant... shaving my legs just isn't going to happen.

Armpits though, yes. It's not so much even a hygiene thing for me either... it just feels weird to go unshaven under my arms.

But yeah.. my legs... hah... good thing it's winter....
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    I think it's hilarious all the comments that unshaven/natural hair women "smell like XXXX." Like really? I guess you won't have to smell me, since I don't want to be anywhere near that ignorance :p

FTR, I'm crazy pale with black hair. IMO, I look better unshaven, since I get 5 o'clock shadow exactly 12 seconds after shaving anyway. The soft, fuzzy look/feel is more attractive than sandpaper (for me, YMMV). That's what I like my body to look like. And I like others to look like whatever they like for their own bodies :)

Yess. I hate the sandpaper..and also have pale skin and dark hair. Shaving pretty much does nothing but cause irritation for my legs and bikini area.

OMG, the itching and red bumps, too, right?! Not a sexy look for some of us, lol!

Yep. I'd rather have some fuzz than look like raw chicken or like I have some kind of infection and be uncomfortable.
    Hair conditioners help just saying been using it the cheap ones and silkier results render. Btw I can shave ALMOST everyday without those bumps from regular hair conditioner and warm water. No rashes here at all

Cool. Your hair strands don't curl back onto themselves. Congratulations. It's not like I haven't tried a thousand things. The only thing that helps razor bumps is to stop shaving, use nair (which I'm allergic to), or have it removed with a laser.