Setting Mini Goals

Nope, Not really a challenge.

If I set my goals low, I believe I can achieve them.

I am on the quest to loose 80lbs by July 2009.

But I will only set my goal as 8 lbs a month.

I am failing do to stress, will power and all the other usual excuses I can think of.

So here I am 235, back up from 200.

Can I do it? Yes, I think I can!!!!

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Nope, Not really a challenge.

If I set my goals low, I believe I can achieve them.

I am on the quest to loose 80lbs by July 2009.

But I will only set my goal as 8 lbs a month.

I am failing do to stress, will power and all the other usual excuses I can think of.

So here I am 235, back up from 200.

Can I do it? Yes, I think I can!!!!
  • ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    :smile:
    Good for you!
    I am just starting out again and I am determined to do it. I am sure that if you keep logging on regularly and use all the support on here you will do fine! There are so many people who have managed it, and we are no different really!!
    8lb a month sounds like quite a lot to me- good luck!!
    Ali x
  • sunilshah123
    sunilshah123 Posts: 14 Member
    I agree, if you want set goals that can beat then you should go for half that amount. My target is quite aggressive but I know in the next few months I am not travelling too much so I will get more time to go down the gym...plus I have the incentive of a holiday at Christmas to look not so chunky for.
    106577.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    I even set my ticker initially to a lower amount so that I don't feel so discouraged. My final goal is 110lbs, but I haven't been there in years and it's going to be a long haul... so I totally understand (and am also participating in) the need to set short-term goals.

Add enough of those 8lbs-loss months together and you'll be there... we both will be.
  • :happy: good luck I think setting mini targets is a good idea makes it seem so much more achievable x
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    woo hoo 5 lbs gone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!