Any women out there have mixed feelings about losing curves?

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Meh! Missy, in the B cup camp here - Advantages: The top half of me is a clothing size smaller than the bottom. I can go sans bra if I choose (providing it isn't cold). I don't have to "support the girls" when I run. I'm streamlined in some style clothing. If I want to I can "pad it up" with a bra... It's not all bad on this side of the fence.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Oh my word. People are worried about going below a D or calling a C small?! I was a 34B/C to begin with..... And am now just about filling a B bra, but probably should go 32B or 34A realistically, if this keeps going.

Now I just feel horrid and like a boy, it appears boobs are a determining factor in what makes you look feminine :(

don't. i made the "seems small" comment because i was trying to explain why someone would not want to go below a D cup. it's all relative. when i was a healthy weight, at my LIGHTEST weight, 5'6 and 124lbs, i was a DD. when i was 150lbs i was a G. i've talked to people from 3 different specialty bra stores and they all say DD is average, but they deal with people all the way from A-N. *for me* an F cup is my target. i will likely need a breast reduction in the end to accomplish that.

for many people, the more common A-DD bra sizes are where you are going to be and that's great. it's a hell of a lot less painful than what i've got (my husband could wear my bra as a hat if he wanted to). C cups tend to be nice and perky, too, which is certainly something i envy.

my friends and family who are below C cups are truly beautiful human beings. two of my sisters are below C's and they both dress so stylishly there is no mistaking, these are REAL women!
  • mykaylis
    I'm not sure if UK bra sizes are the same as US ones actually.

different bra manufacturers, different bra sizing system. the UK uses a lot of doubles (GG, JJ etc). above a DD cup there's a lot of confusion because of it. in the US i'm wearing a 38M today, and in the UK i was wearing a 38J. i think. 13" difference between my rib cage measurement and my bust measurement.

it's a myth that a 34D is the same as a 36C. they do not have the same cup volume, what they have is the same overall girth. they will both fit a 38-39" bust, with one having a smaller rib cage and bigger cup, and the other being a bigger rib cage and a smaller cup. and almost everyone is wearing the wrong size bra.

www.breakoutbras.com has the correct size system. any site that tells you to add inches to your rib cage measurement will give you an incorrect result.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited December 2014
    mykaylis wrote: »
    I'm not sure if UK bra sizes are the same as US ones actually.

different bra manufacturers, different bra sizing system. the UK uses a lot of doubles (GG, JJ etc). above a DD cup there's a lot of confusion because of it. in the US i'm wearing a 38M today, and in the UK i was wearing a 38J. i think. 13" difference between my rib cage measurement and my bust measurement.

it's a myth that a 34D is the same as a 36C. they do not have the same cup volume, what they have is the same overall girth. they will both fit a 38-39" bust, with one having a smaller rib cage and bigger cup, and the other being a bigger rib cage and a smaller cup. and almost everyone is wearing the wrong size bra.

www.breakoutbras.com has the correct size system. any site that tells you to add inches to your rib cage measurement will give you an incorrect result.

according to that website I'm a 28B. I've been buying 34A though. Does 28B even exist? I haven't seen it in normal stores. I don't really even need a bra anyway, so one that doesn't really fit me right doesn't matter.
  • allieallieoxenfree
    allieallieoxenfree Posts: 114 Member
    Put me in the camp of getting curvier with losing weight! The (literally ONLY) benefit of having an apple shape is that I'm losing all the weight that accumulated around my midsection. I've lost 3.5 inches from my waist, 1 from my bust, and half an inch from my hips LOL.
  • mykaylis
    yup, 28B exists. 30 band size is easier to find. 28 is usually a specialty size, just like my cup size.

i'm totally losing curves in the wrong places.. i've lost 50 lbs and only lost a little over 2" on my bust, several inches off my waist but only 1" off the massive fat tire below my belly button. meanwhile, a few inches lower, i've lost 10" off my hips. and i'm really disappointed about that because i HATE the pannus (fat tire) and LOVED my hips and bum. being over 250 lbs is the only time i've ever had a bum. i think i'll have to do major squats to see if i can build up a booty.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    kaseyr1505 wrote: »
    Weightlifting has given me some pretty sexy curves.

(*)
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    edited December 2014
    Nope. I still have curves, just smaller. Actually, if anything, my waist to hip ratio is smaller (I carried a lot of excess in my belly/abdomen/back). I went from a 5 inch waist/hip difference to currently 10 inch difference. I'm an hourglass shape now, no longer a squishy blob, lol!

I have lost some weight this year but I am disproportioned :sob:
    If it weren't for the #'s on the scale (it shows my last 3 weigh ins), my husband may not believe it!
    The only difference that I see is that my shoulders aren't as broad, my shirts are now way too big to hang onto them.
    The problem is that my middle hasn't shrunk, so where can I find tops w/ small necklines but still wide enough to fit me around my mid section?!?
    Its sooo frustrating!
    I feel like a blown up balloon with sticks for arms and legs.
    Its like the weight came off the top portion (bras even fit differently), bypassed my middle and went straight to my lower portion (smaller fingers/wrist and feet).

• pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    I rather like the 'straight' look on my body. I've never had boobs (been an A cup all my life) or a butt anyway so maybe I just don't know what it'd be like to have curves. Though, my butt has actually started looking rounder since I started working out and toning, so maybe it won't be so bad.
  • I'm not particularly worried, but my husband has expressed concerns. On the other hand, he grabbed my *kitten* last night and said it felt amazing.

Either way, he said he prefers me healthy, which is, of course, the goal.
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    I started out as a 42-44 DD and now i'm a single 40 D and sometimes a C cup. At first it was strange to see them smaller but I'm liking the new size because it means the rest of me is smaller too - 70 pounds off this year. The butt is definitely smaller but flatter rather than round so I would like to round it as it decreases. I think you will get used to your new body Rosebette, and it will just be a different version of you.
  • mykaylis
    70 lbs off and you've only lost a couple inches from your rib cage? i would remeasure to be sure :) great job!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I went from this:

xd889jg3fm6x.jpg

to this (taken this am)

5rtew8fgqp6b.jpg

So I feel like my curves are getting better. I especially love my waist :)

I've always had big boobs though, even at a size 4. Right now I'm a 36DDD, and there's not much fat on them, so I don't think they'll shrink much more.

You can totally create curves, too. Especially in the butt area (squats, hip lifts, and plie's are what I do).

• madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    edited December 2014
    I do have mixed feelings about the 'curve' issue. As I lean out, I have definetely lost on my bust line and hip. I am happy about the loss in my thighs - although that area is painfully slow. In these 2 pics, there is about a 15 pound difference between the black bikini (about 170 pounds) and the orange one (155 pounds). My body fat overall is still not where I want it to be and anticipate I need to drop another 10-20 pounds - but I am a little concerned about how my body will look. ETA: I am now probably an 'A' cup!

mc34dclzx3p3.jpg
    - qpjkaw1cyd2i.jpg

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    I went from this:

xd889jg3fm6x.jpg

to this (taken this am)

5rtew8fgqp6b.jpg

I've always had big boobs though, even at a size 4. Right now I'm a 36DDD, and there's not much fat on them, so I don't think they'll shrink much more.

You can totally create curves, too. Especially in the butt area (squats, hip lifts, and plie's are what I do).

wow yeah, your boobs look a lot bigger in the second pic.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited December 2014
    I lost 5 inches in my hips but only 2 in my waist. I'm not as curvy anymore and my thighs are almost as big as my darn waist. I'm confused about whether I like it or not. Went for a 34 or 36 B to a 32 B which also looks tiny.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Why can't the fat in my butt and stomach just go to my bust? Or my hair--I'd love fuller hair! :smiley:

Seriously, though, losing my boobs has been a concern. Thus far (knock on wood) I've only lost band size (which I'm fine with) not cup size.
  • mykaylis
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I went from this:

xd889jg3fm6x.jpg

to this (taken this am)

5rtew8fgqp6b.jpg

agreed. i love your shape and am totally jealous cause i know i'll never achieve it! well done :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    mykaylis wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I went from this:

xd889jg3fm6x.jpg

to this (taken this am)

5rtew8fgqp6b.jpg

agreed. i love your shape and am totally jealous cause i know i'll never achieve it! well done :)

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't post the photos to make anyone feel bad :(
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    My breasts are getting smaller, as they usually do when I lose weight. That's the only thing I'm sad about. I'm not worried about the rest of me. I'm an hourglass shape when I'm thin and I like that. My butt also doesn't shrink much.

I'm happy to hear you have your dream body!! That's great!