Hello everyone!

aerome
aerome Posts: 171 Member
Hi! I found this website on a forum on a different website and I have to say, so far it looks amazing! I want to lose weight for my wedding, next June, and our honeymoon (hopefully a Caribbean cruise!). I used to be so thin, around 115 pounds, and then college happened. Haha. I'm currently around 150. My weight gain was very gradual and, therefore, difficult for me to see it was happening. I used to run the mile in track, but when I started college I didn't do any physical activity. Then when I tried running about a year later, I couldn't walk up the stairs for 3 days because my hips hurt so bad (I have on-going sciatica and other hip problems). So I was discouraged and didn't do anything for the next 2 years. And now I'm here, shocked that I weigh 35 pounds more than I used to. I don't expect to get back down to 115, but I would be very happy to get to 130 and see where I want to go from there. Now that I'm here all I need to do is stay motivated. My fiance is on orders to not let me pig-out on junk and ask if I worked out everyday in order to help me. It also helps that I don't want to try on wedding dresses weighing as much as I currently do! Here we go!

Replies

• aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Hi! I found this website on a forum on a different website and I have to say, so far it looks amazing! I want to lose weight for my wedding, next June, and our honeymoon (hopefully a Caribbean cruise!). I used to be so thin, around 115 pounds, and then college happened. Haha. I'm currently around 150. My weight gain was very gradual and, therefore, difficult for me to see it was happening. I used to run the mile in track, but when I started college I didn't do any physical activity. Then when I tried running about a year later, I couldn't walk up the stairs for 3 days because my hips hurt so bad (I have on-going sciatica and other hip problems). So I was discouraged and didn't do anything for the next 2 years. And now I'm here, shocked that I weigh 35 pounds more than I used to. I don't expect to get back down to 115, but I would be very happy to get to 130 and see where I want to go from there. Now that I'm here all I need to do is stay motivated. My fiance is on orders to not let me pig-out on junk and ask if I worked out everyday in order to help me. It also helps that I don't want to try on wedding dresses weighing as much as I currently do! Here we go!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Welcome! We wish you much success. Take the time to read the link below for some helpful hints... and congratulations on the wedding! :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    00020121.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: