Are your friends disappearing?

Good morning all! I was wondering if anyone else had friends disappearing like crazy since it is the holiday season. Mine have just stopped logging in.....all of them! They were my keep in check, motivation! Now I am all alone!

I know this is a hard time of the year to stay in line and it has been hard for me to continuously log my food but I am trying. I have been sick a lot lately so that is causing issues. Plus, the over abundance of treats! Trust me, yesterday was my birthday and students were bringing me gifts that contained chocolate.....a lot of it. Plus, the teacher's lounge is full daily of things that could cause my journey to become very hard. I was good yesterday and chose the vegetables with dip versus the chips and dip. Today is candy day. I have avoided the lounge!

Maybe this is what I need. Maybe this is my test to see if I can make it without having someone say, "Don't do that!" We will see.

Replies

• veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    i am as well. I figured that people would start up again hardcore for new years resolutions. so....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    i figured they all went back to 1955, accidentally interfered with their parents meeting and tried to get them together and then failed, which means that they were never born and they are erased.....................................

from existence!
    erased-from-existence-o.gif

• doitnow1218
    doitnow1218 Posts: 295 Member
    I too am a teacher and now exactly what you are talking about with regards to treats everywhere! I am committed to staying here though...this is only my 3rd day...BUT I am in it for the long haul!
  • Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    I was a teacher for 40 consecutive years, now 64, still trying to lose 30pounds. There are temptations everywhere within a school, the lounge, the hallways..... classsroom... and at home, as you eat that bag of doritos while grading papers. You have to be strong... You have to rely on yourself.... more than anyone....
    If you MUST taste a treat, take an eighth of it.... Don't eat the whole thing... Otherwise, don't eat it at all.... and be strong. Don't touch it... You will thank yourself for not eating the tempting holiday casseroles filled with cheese, chocolate, or some other fattening carb. Build in your exercise, even at work.... Stand, breathe, stretch, walk up the steps..... park your car a bit farther from the door..... Be kind to yourself.... There will be more people in here in January.... count on it.... :p
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I haven't noticed that. I did, however, notice that I must have accidently accepted a friend request from someone who had 297 friends. How does someone do that? I had to unfriend her. ;-)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I haven't noticed that. I did, however, notice that I must have accidently accepted a friend request from someone who had 297 friends. How does someone do that? I had to unfriend her. ;-)

Yeah I look at that as how can you give support to that many people so I know you wont be able to give me any support.

• sassysniper
    sassysniper Posts: 156 Member
    I was a teacher for nine years and know how the treats work this time of year. It's so hard to just say no! I've not met many people yet since I'm a newbie, but I figure people are very busy this time of year. Keep up the good work!
  • Jaceface27
    Jaceface27 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm in the same boat too-- my feed has been pretty silent lately. I haven't been as vocal I should have been I have to admit. As a teacher, luckily temptations haven't been to bad at work! I have a feel they will next week during midterm exams. Good luck! Don't give up! :-)
  • Maycatt
    Maycatt Posts: 6 Member
    OMG....I am experiencing the same thing. Had co-workers join a weight loss challenge at work and after it was over, they were not logging in anymore. Their excuse was that the holidays were coming and they didn't want to do it during the holidays. I feel that is when you need it the most. I continue to log in everyday and exercise. Lost 15 pounds so far and have more to go. Trying to find friends who are committed in this journey.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    i figured they all went back to 1955, accidentally interfered with their parents meeting and tried to get them together and then failed, which means that they were never born and they are erased.....................................

from existence!
    erased-from-existence-o.gif

Great scott!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    I just started a 30 day lifestyle challenge on Facebook if any of you want to join! Disclaimer: I am a Beachbody coach, but it is NOT a Beachbody related group (except that I do Insanity). I have just decided to make 2015 my year to change every aspect of my life, not just fitness, and thought others might be interested in joining in! I want to focus on making overall lifestyle changes, from working out and eating right to taking ti me for myself and accomplish other goals! If you search 'Fabulous and Free Lifestyle Challenge' on Facebook just request to join!! We are going to have lots of fun!

I've noticed 8 of my friends deactivated in the last week or so. Hopefully they come back. I think this time of year worries them and they just give up instead of hanging around to get back on the horse later on . I don't get why anyone on here needs to start anything up on facebook when we have all we have here Kelli. Hmm.. You are a beachbody coach? What are your qualifications to tell others how to eat or exercise since you say that is what you do?
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    A lot of mine have disappeared too. Trying to decide if I am going to cut them, or let them ride. Maybe they will come back, but I don't want a friends list bogged down with no-shows and people who aren't at all commited. I would say close to half my list has gone awol in the last 6 weeks.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Nope, I pick friends that are in for the long haul.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    The Resolutioners will be here soon enough, don't fret.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Yeah, one friend disappeared since thanksgiving. Hopefully she'll show up again soon... after the holidays are done. I always have hope. :flowerforyou:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I've had one friend who said she'll be back in Jan as she's been eating too much and doesn't want to log, but everyone else still seems to be around.

I'm a teacher too, but luckily on maternity leave so away from the temptations of the chocolate tins in the staff room :)
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    <--- Not a fair weather food logger. Planning a great Christmas Eve and Christmas day run, too.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2014
    My feed has quieted down a bit too but I know they'll be back in January. They'll be up a few pounds and I'll be down a few pounds by that time
  • GidgetWannaBe
    GidgetWannaBe Posts: 20 Member
    Add me! I've made a point to log every day during the holidays to stay on the wagon.
  • Lucknawi
    Lucknawi Posts: 21 Member
    Funny enough I prompted myself to come back due to the season and my already burgeoning waistline. I want to find my control again... hopefully they and yourself manage to stay on track, this season, easter and halloween are the hard ones.