1200 calorie meal plan for road trip?

I'm about to go on a 20 hour road trip and was wondering what I can eat during that 20 hours. Fast food or gas stations are the only stops we will be making my husband made that very clear lol any suggestions? Meal plans?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Lots of restaurants.
  • Monsterdog1114
    Monsterdog1114 Posts: 32 Member
    I usually bring hardcooked eggs, cheese, carrots and fiber bars in the car. And try to encourage stopping at Subway or whatever chain works best for you. I also look at the map and 'try' to plan where to stop as best I can for longer breaks.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    22 year old female, you should be eating more than 1200 calories.
  • Grace215lbs
    Grace215lbs Posts: 129 Member
    You can take heaps of healthy low calorie foods. Cut up some carrots and celery to snack on maybe with some peanut butter. Take some nutts or a trail mix. Cut up a head of broccoli, steam it with some sweet potatoes. You can pretty much take anything you want so long as it's not food that requires to stay really cold. But even so if you get a cooler and freese a few bottles of water, it should keep it cool for the 20hours.

Apart from that i'm sure you'll stop by farms or even fast food places with healthier or low calorie options. A cheeseburger from McDs is under 300cals. You can get a subway sandwich for under 500 or even a salad for under 300.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    sunflower seeds. only 180 calories a bag and they're such work to eat (with the saltiness and spitting out the shells), the bag should last you a couple of days.

and yeah, lots of fast food places have lower calorie options nowadays and their nutritional info is usually available online so there's always that!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    20 hours in a car? That's nothing! Just pack lunch or throw a cooler in the car.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I've been doing the McDonald's cheeseburger on road trips. The employee's will give you a really funny look when you ask for just a cheeseburger, but it works. Even their larger sandwiches aren't terrible in terms of calorie count, as long as you don't order fries and you don't eat one for every meal. Their coffee isn't terrible, so that gives you something to wash it all down with too.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    You can eat mcdonalds twice during the road trip.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    pb & j ! also Breakfast Jack is low and delish. 1/2 oz portions of cheese...prunes...fruit...
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    McDonalds premium chicken wraps are not too bad on calories and always satisfy me. I usually ask for the grilled with no cheese, ranch or vinegar. I hope that you have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    How about packing a small cooler with fruits and veggies and water. Making some salads before you go and pulling them out when you get hungry. Will be cheaper and MUCH healthier!!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Just out of curiosity, why do people keep recommending McDonald's?

I mean, sure, eat it occasionally if you like it. But if you don't like fast food, why not just pack food in the car?
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    segacs wrote: »

I mean, sure, eat it occasionally if you like it. But if you don't like fast food, why not just pack food in the car?

Because the parameters included fast food stops.

But yeah, packing ahead is certainly a fine option.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited December 2014
    I usually get wendys salads..and bring a slimfast in a cooler with fruit, nuts and lots of water..thats enough to tide you over you wont be eating all 20hrs BUT if that's not good u can just make sandwiches wheat bread turkey and cheese bring some trail mix and water to snack on
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member

Because a big mac meal is like 1150 calories, nails the 1200 calories per day requirement super simple.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »

I know who this person is. She recently deactivated her account because she's got an eating disorder.

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    dbmata wrote: »

Because a big mac meal is like 1150 calories, nails the 1200 calories per day requirement super simple.

Yeah but she'd be hungry for most of the day if one Big Mac meal is all she could have. Better to space out the 1200 calories over the course of the day. IMO
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »

I know who this person is. She recently deactivated her account because she's got an eating disorder.

In that case, she really should be eating more than 1200 calories and talking to a therapist
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    dbmata wrote: »

Yeah but she'd be hungry for most of the day if one Big Mac meal is all she could have. Better to space out the 1200 calories over the course of the day. IMO

Better to set a reasonable calorie deficit so one doesn't have to suffer on 1200cals.
    It's too few calories for almost everyone - especially a 22yo female. Unless she's like 4'9" or in a wheelchair.