Are your friends disappearing?

2»

Replies

• CutHereOrThere
    CutHereOrThere Posts: 5 Member
    Keep calm and don't eat the chocolate every day. :smile:
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    lol the only friends I have on here that have disappeared from my news feed are people that are my friends in real life! I still see them all the time in person, but we never mention the fact they aren't logging anymore.

My current MFP only friends are also disappearing. They're losing so much weight & getting so awesome they're disappearing before my eyes!
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    I had some friends recently drop out of existence. Sometimes I think MFP drops people. I have seen some leave and come back with another account. People come and go with their logging (including myself) this time of year. There's work, There's extra work that has to be done before vacation. There's shopping to do (more so than usual). There's school performances. There's visiting family or family to visit. There's just a lot more than normal this time of year.
    As for the chocolate..... Well, new year's eve I do death by chocolate party including a chocolate fondue fountain and Godiva liqueur. Good way to get my chocolate fix in for the year.
  • Secrease
    Secrease Posts: 9 Member
    Hi @slucki01 I think that aside from having to enter what is being eaten over the holidays, sometimes we just don't want the system to add up and give a true account, LOL! I totally get it, but I am going to try to log in no matter how bad it is...That is my goal anyway! Keep doing what you are doing :)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    edited December 2014
    Most of my friends still post, and I'm still at least logging every day, and still losing! I know that life won't stop for me, so if I can continue to lose during the holidays, I can do it any time! I still eat plenty of treats, but I fit them into my calorie goals, and make sure to exercise. I only eat what I deem worthy-looks really tasty! I am not above taking a bite of a cookie and tossing the rest. :)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    It could be, just yesterday I had someone tell me - why don't you just take a break and wait until the new year and start again! Maybe that is how some feel, while I am sure taking a break would not result in my gaining back 94lbs but there is no guarantee that I would start again in January.

This can be a tough time for some with it getting dark early and the cold it can be depressing. I have been trying to remember how I made it through last year - I certainly did not take a break.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Secrease wrote: »
    Hi @slucki01 I think that aside from having to enter what is being eaten over the holidays, sometimes we just don't want the system to add up and give a true account, LOL! I totally get it, but I am going to try to log in no matter how bad it is...That is my goal anyway! Keep doing what you are doing :)

I get it. I'm not always meeting my goals but I'm logging because I know once I stop logging I'll go off the rails

• dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    I understand its hard. This week has been a challenge for me as well. Of course, next couple weeks will be tough as well. I figure my focus is to maintain and at least not gain. You can add me if you want, I'm cool with motivational support. I'm trying to log in and document my calories every day still. I'm not perfect.
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I could use some more motivational friends if you would like to add me. I am fully committed to changing my lifestyle and my main goal is to log every day. I respond as much as I post. Good Luck everyone!!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Nope, I pick friends that are in for the long haul.

Hell yeah!!

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I have noticed that they are not participating as much but I will not let it slow down my progress.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    i figured they all went back to 1955, accidentally interfered with their parents meeting and tried to get them together and then failed, which means that they were never born and they are erased.....................................

from existence!
    erased-from-existence-o.gif

You, sir, are a genius. lol. My FL is rapidly shrinking, but I talk to most of them outside of MFP anyway, so it's not a huge deal. I guess they just got sick of it.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I think 5 or 6 of my friends haven't logged on for at least a month but there are also 5 or 6 others who are really actively logging, commenting, and liking things every day. I hope the people who stopped logging on will come back someday.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    slucki01 wrote: »
    Secrease wrote: »

I get it. I'm not always meeting my goals but I'm logging because I know once I stop logging I'll go off the rails

That's me! I'm nowhere near perfect with my logging and stuff but if I don't do SOMETHING, then I will just go crazy. Next thing I know, BAM, ten pounds!
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    make new friends. Feel free to add me on. Thanks!