I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Replies

• maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Spaghettios and hamburgers from the 7-11 in highschool.. NO WONDER i was overweight... lol... I also drank soda and the powder from the cake mix... in the 80's no one knew anything.. i definantly had no idea why i did not look like everyone else...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Yeah I love Kinder chocolate. I can find some of their stuff at a local store and at Wegmans, I've just been avoiding them because I'm not sure I can do moderation... I used to just eat the whole box in a sitting of pretty much anything from them.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2014
    Letsee.... a family size back of Humpty Dumpty sour cream n onion rings? Just the thought of it makes me a bit queasy now.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    My mom used to bring back Kinder Eggs from Mexico all the time. I see the Happy Hippos when ever I visit World Market but I never buy it because of the price, its proximity to the Ritter Sports variety pack, and just the fact that doesn't come with a little toy.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Oh my! I'm actually glad I took the time to read through this entire thread. I don't think I ever intentionally took anything out of my diet over the years but at some point it seems I've cut a ton of stuff out mostly because it doesn't taste good anymore.

I guess if I could say what I can't believe is that I ever ate as much food as men. I hung with guys all my life and whatever they ate I'd eat and if I didn't it was because I was a girl you know the good natured ribbing.
    So the short story of this is men made me fat! LOL
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    PearlAng wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh we don't have these here, but Kinder Surprise (those chocolate egg shells with a toy in the middle). I used to eat them 3-4 boxes at a time (3 in a box, and they are pretty sizable) when I was a teen.
    Ooooh, I love Kinder Surprise. My friend would bring back a few for each of us, and that's the only time we would get it because we don't have it in the US. She used to live in Germany but went back for frequent visits. I'm still friends with her but she hasn't been to Germany in a few years.

Aren't they illegal in the US? I'd get stopped at the border and searched if they found one in my car (they're not illegal in Canada).
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Oh we don't have these here, but Kinder Surprise (those chocolate egg shells with a toy in the middle). I used to eat them 3-4 boxes at a time (3 in a box, and they are pretty sizable) when I was a teen.
    Ooooh, I love Kinder Surprise. My friend would bring back a few for each of us, and that's the only time we would get it because we don't have it in the US. She used to live in Germany but went back for frequent visits. I'm still friends with her but she hasn't been to Germany in a few years.

Aren't they illegal in the US? I'd get stopped at the border and searched if they found one in my car (they're not illegal in Canada).

Yes, but for the dumbest reason ever. It's illegal to sell food with non-edible material inside unless clearly marked. I noticed it a while back when all the mardi gras king cakes had 'THERE'S A BABY INSIDE" written crudely in sharpie on the box.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    store-bought ranch dressing
    raw fish
    ice-cream on almost a daily basis
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    most of the frozen ready to eat meals
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »

Yeah, they are illegal in the US, and ya know what? It does make me question how they would have been able to bring them here. We were young, and she hasn't been to Germany for a while. I guess it's just something we never really gave much thought to, lol
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    I was just thinking the other day of how I used to eat -- I would go to the diner and order the half chicken platter -- it was a breast, leg, and thigh deep fried with 2 sides and either soup or salad (or on occasion both) and I'd order a Coke and then dessert and still be hungry on the way home. Or, I'd take a bowl and put about 6 scoops of ice cream in it and put a border of Oreo's around the outside edge for a snack before bed. I still have a problem with snacking but I'm about 60-65 pounds less than my know highest weight and still working on loosing more.
  • rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2014
    My fiance and I used to bake a whole thing of toll-house cookies and eat them all in one sitting right after devouring a little Caesars pizza with a side crazy bread of course or we would go to olive garden... yikes :#

this used to happen all the time, now we haven't been to Olive garden since we started mfp, we would go over our calories for the day in one sitting
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    store-bought ranch dressing
    raw fish
    ice-cream on almost a daily basis

What is wrong with any of those items?

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Fried pita or dough with nutella
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    most of the frozen ready to eat meals
    My heart weeps every time I see a shopper with their cart full of Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones. I'm okay with Digiorno and chicken tenders though.

• Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    I must be the only one that did this... (hanging head in shame)

I used to eat a 12 ounce tub of Betty Crocker/Duncan Hines cake frosting. No lie. It didn't much matter what kind, either, as long as it was sweet and creamy it had my name on it - I usually bought the 'cream cheese' one, the kind you put on red velvet cakes. It usually took me a week to eat it, but eat it I did.

2 TABLESPOONS of that is 140 calories. I don't even know how many servings are in a tub but you can bet it's not just one.

I usually did this every two weeks or so. Plus when I factor in all of the other junk I ate, sweet and salty.... no wonder.
  • Chorizo (spicy sausage) :\
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I would eat one of these:
    83v4u9g02fhg.jpg
    ...the whole thing...while my husband was at work and my kids were at school. I'd feel sick halfway through but I'd finish it anyway, because I didn't want to leave the evidence. Then I'd hide the empty box in the outside trash and cook a healthy dinner for the family and act like everything was fine. Yeah, I was depressed.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I would eat one of these:
    83v4u9g02fhg.jpg
    ...the whole thing...while my husband was at work and my kids were at school. I'd feel sick halfway through but I'd finish it anyway, because I didn't want to leave the evidence. Then I'd hide the empty box in the outside trash and cook a healthy dinner for the family and act like everything was fine. Yeah, I was depressed.

Ouch!!
  • AlisonTheNerd
    AlisonTheNerd Posts: 41 Member
    I used to dip my oranges, and apples in sugar. That was when I was a kid.

I also used to eat highly processed meat, like spam, cured ham, and peperoni. But the sodium nitrites/nitrates give me migraines, so they did me a favor.