My arms are skinny--increase volume?

1789101113»

Replies

• civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Not a lunge lover either. I do them anyway.
  • no matter how u workout in those 35 mins, u wont get ur results if ur working on something else the entire day. If the stress is more than what ur body can take, it ll reduce ur metabolism (weaken you) rather than helping.
    And give atleast 3 days of gap between ur arm workouts in order to bulk.
    "REST" is what ur missing.
  • Alright...I don't know that I've read every post, but three things:
    Nutrition-get your protein in order whey for post workout, casein before bed, supplements are great if you research them and know what you are using

Strength Training-unless you are lifting 75% of your 1rm, you won't grow...keep your reps in the 5-7 range for awhile

Periodization-your biceps and triceps are small muscle groups....they repair faster...you can work them more often
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    no matter how u workout in those 35 mins, u wont get ur results if ur working on something else the entire day. If the stress is more than what ur body can take, it ll reduce ur metabolism (weaken you) rather than helping.

Huh? How am I missing rest? I don't do ANYTHING on Wednesdays or Sundays, am working lower body on Tuesdays and Fridays, and am working upper body Monday, Thursday, and arms-specifically on Saturday for a total of 35 minutes. There's tons of rest built in there.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    no matter how u workout in those 35 mins, u wont get ur results if ur working on something else the entire day. If the stress is more than what ur body can take, it ll reduce ur metabolism (weaken you) rather than helping.

Everything you've ever said is wrong.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Alright...I don't know that I've read every post, but three things:
    Nutrition-get your protein in order whey for post workout, casein before bed, supplements are great if you research them and know what you are using

Strength Training-unless you are lifting 75% of your 1rm, you won't grow...keep your reps in the 5-7 range for awhile

Periodization-your biceps and triceps are small muscle groups....they repair faster...you can work them more often

Nutrition: Overall intake (calories, macros, micros) is far more important than taking in casein before bed. Although, adding casein before bed may increase protein synthesis.

Strength training: No. She wants size and that's going to require reps above the 5-7 rep range. She may need a week every month using 3-4 sets of 20 reps. She's also going to need to do most of her work in the 80-85% range. She's focused on strength up to this point, so she needs the higher reps to pack on the inches.

Periodization: She should work ARMS twice a week ideally. She's decided to add in an accessory day to focus on arms. Biceps are only part of the arm size, she needs to focus on triceps as well. Another of her issues is that she needs to focus on exercises that target the long head and short head separately.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Those look HARD, I have a hard enough time with just walking lunges =D
    Agreed. Hardcore.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member

^ He scores. He wins. Touchdown!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

lol wut?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

*nod nod*
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited December 2014

This just in from Left Field... Oh, and it's hard to take anything seriously from a person that uses "u" and "ur", just saying.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Alright...I don't know that I've read every post, but three things:

loled at this comedic gold