I said i would never do this....

Options
Hi everyone. I was talking to a very fit friend of mine and she said that she recommended something like myfitnesspal. So here I go -its my 3rd day and I and noticed how much I eat all day. I definately have gone over my recommendations. I figure that I am learning how horrible I have been eating.

I really want to be fit so I am going to my best. I think this is a cool website.

Replies

• nedaoftorrance
    Options
    Hi everyone. I was talking to a very fit friend of mine and she said that she recommended something like myfitnesspal. So here I go -its my 3rd day and I and noticed how much I eat all day. I definately have gone over my recommendations. I figure that I am learning how horrible I have been eating.

I really want to be fit so I am going to my best. I think this is a cool website.
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Before joining this site I knew what I was eating, I knew it wasn't good for me to do so. The thing I didn't realize was just how fast it was adding up. A small bag of chips and soda with my sandwich actually was't as great of lunch as I thought. The soda and chips had more calories then the sandwich alone!

Now I'm eating lean cuisines and even the the sodium level is a bit high (not as high as other frozen foods) the calories are way down and the grams of fat are not too bad either.

As much as I love fruits I still was not getting my daily recommended. I still am not but I atleast try for a serving.

I am glad I found this site too. It is one of the most decent and free ones out there.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! And GOOD JOB! You've taken the first step! That was my first reaction as well...I eat HOW much???!!!! And I started keeping track of everything and started a little exercise (like 3 times a week). This was in November...I weighed 183 pounds. By Christmas I was 173 (10 pounds down!) Then after New Years I was at 174 (gained a pound). I gained some sort of motivation and have really bumped up my workouts. I workout 6 times a week for 2 hours a night. 3 times a week I include weights. And I am now at 165.5 pounds! And I don't crave fast food anymore and I don't over eat anymore! It's great! And my motivation just gets bigger and better everyday as I get smaller and fitter! So, this site is WONDERFUL and if you utilize it for what it is (motivation, tracking, and support) you WILL acheive greatness! Please let us know if we can help in any way! And GOOD LUCK!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*