on a Bulk, trying to get my nutrition down, IIFYM, etc..

13»

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    snickers are a great pre/post workout

carbs- protein fats.

winning all the way around- it was never my go to until I realized it has so much more bang for it's buck than a pure chocolate bar that I would normally reach for.... so it's my go to when I need a quick higher cal snack.

I'm sure they're great.
    I don't care for caramel lol

Plus, a candy bar and a most protein bars have very similar stats but the candy bar is waaaaay cheaper lol
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    snickers are a great pre/post workout

carbs- protein fats.

winning all the way around- it was never my go to until I realized it has so much more bang for it's buck than a pure chocolate bar that I would normally reach for.... so it's my go to when I need a quick higher cal snack.

She knows ^^^

Plus that pump effect.
    Oh lawd!

BRB Veins bursting through skin.
  • xalchemyx
    xalchemyx Posts: 9 Member
    omg i stopped reading after soda was recommended. please no.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    xalchemyx wrote: »

Why, because cavemen didn't drink it?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

Why, because cavemen didn't drink it?

in…to find out what is wrong with soda….
  • ndj1979
    OP - you have received solid advice, I suggest that you follow it. the one thing I noticed is that you do not weight your foods. If you are not weighting your foods then it is entirely possible that you are not hitting 3700 a day and are in fact eating less, hence, no gain …I would suggest investing in a food scale...
  • xalchemyx
    xalchemyx Posts: 9 Member
    lol. i get it.
  • ndj1979
    lol. i get it.

so thats all you got?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014

Explain then carefully to the class please- if you would be so kind- how YOU would recommend someone add extra high calorie- but minimal satiating impact foods?

We are ALL ears.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Poptarts are fortified with micros. 1 box per day. No worries.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Lets look at your activity. If you do a physical job every day then blast it in the gym, then you may be in a calorie deficit. Also, the type of training you are doing can have impact on your gains. A lot of things come into play here. I have been there, when I was young in my 20s I could eat 4000 calories and still lose weight. I trained briefer with more intensity, lots of rest and recovery. Do not eat junk, good clean food. Get your macros right. If you are a hard gainer, 3 maybe for super intense workouts a week thats it. And yes, bump up the calories about 500, go a few weeks, weigh yourself take measurements etc and adjust accordingly.
    Wrong. One doesn't need "clean" food to bulk. I ate 10 donuts on Saturday alone. I'm 45 years old and less than 14% at 220 lbs. To bulk you need calories, not super intense workouts.

• MustBeBrolic
    MustBeBrolic Posts: 9 Member
    I would 'reverse diet'. Increase Carbs and Fats ever so slightly each week and monitor your weight. Until you gain around a pound or two each month. Slow steady weight gain. Hit the big 4 in the gym and go heavy.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Lets look at your activity. If you do a physical job every day then blast it in the gym, then you may be in a calorie deficit. Also, the type of training you are doing can have impact on your gains. A lot of things come into play here. I have been there, when I was young in my 20s I could eat 4000 calories and still lose weight. I trained briefer with more intensity, lots of rest and recovery. Do not eat junk, good clean food. Get your macros right. If you are a hard gainer, 3 maybe for super intense workouts a week thats it. And yes, bump up the calories about 500, go a few weeks, weigh yourself take measurements etc and adjust accordingly.
    Wrong. One doesn't need "clean" food to bulk. I ate 10 donuts on Saturday alone. I'm 45 years old and less than 14% at 220 lbs. To bulk you need calories, not super intense workouts.

You spelled "sugar bagel" wrong-:P
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    lol. i get it.

so thats all you got?

Paleo and Whole30...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    603reader wrote: »