Starting my weight loss journey...again

I have tried so many times to lose weight but get discouraged after a couple of days. I hope this app aids in keeping me focused. More friends for encouragement will be helpful, I hope!

Replies

• NeeCee1978
    NeeCee1978 Posts: 1 Member
    I feel the same... Starting over again today!!!! Going to try my best to be successful this go round
  • I'm about to start over again. Wishing you the best.
  • starting over too.. lets get it done
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Friends are always a great tool but you must be active in order to feel that motivation!! So keep on just logging into MFP and write something on your status.
  • TheBattleAxe
    TheBattleAxe Posts: 54 Member
    I'm starting properly tomorrow, but have managed to go out for a bike ride today and have so far kept away from Christmas treats. Good luck to us all :smile:
  • Baz_Man
    Baz_Man Posts: 23 Member
    Hey all, starting afresh here aswell. Been going round in the same circle for ages now, start off well and lose a bit then go off track and put it back on again, get back on the wagon and then fall of again! Conscious that the of the wagon periods are getting longer and the on the wagon periods are getting shorter.

Hope you don't mind if I add a few peeps on here to try and help with the motivation! Feel free to add me as well
  • Jumping back on too! I did sign up for a gym membership before Christmas and I am very motivated to get healthy! Well wishes to all! Love (and need) the support!
  • sciberrasjjj
    sciberrasjjj Posts: 12 Member
    I feel ya! hang in there!
  • laparkerrn
    laparkerrn Posts: 9 Member
    I think its important to pick your self up and get back on track even if you have a bad day. I too, hope that I will find the support that I need here to keep me going! Feel free to add me I am short on MFP friends and welcome anyone who wants to share the journey!
  • madamepsych0sis
    madamepsych0sis Posts: 25 Member
    You can do this! I'm about to hit 32lbs lost in 100 days, and all I can say is consistency is the key! Even if you have a bad day, just keep going!
  • OK I am starting my weight loss journey again as well hello everyone... could also use some support. :)
  • Yep me too. I will get going and lose 10 or 15 pounds and then plateau with the weight loss and lose my momentum. I'm going to try and track my progress in pictures and measurements this time around and not only by the scale. I would like to only weigh myself once a month, but I get too worried about the number.
  • I am also starting today! I have done every fad diet out there but I know the key to success is as simple as eating better and exercising more. I hope to have friends on here for support and motivation!
  • Me too - starting again. Good luck to all
  • Ananya23
    Ananya23 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I'm starting again too! Good luck to everyone.
  • sciberrasjjj
    sciberrasjjj Posts: 12 Member
    I'm glad to see so many joining in. I went to the gym this morn. It's kind of like riding a bike but you get sore:) I hope everyone has a great day.
  • L720
    L720 Posts: 22
    I'm starting over today too! Hopefully for the last time! It wasn't fun resetting everything but it needed to be done. I'll be 30 this year and Im ready to make changes!! Add me! I would love more people to do this with!
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm in the same boat...feel like this is the millionth time I've started but am determined to make this the time I succeed! I was successful with MFP about 2 years ago and lost 50 lbs, but due to a family tragedy I gained it all back and then some. Add me if you want, hopefully we can help each other stay on track!
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Over 3 years ago I decided it was time to make a change. In 8months I had made a complete change and lost over 80 lbs. When I left here I was at 123 lbs. A lot changed for me from losing my job I had for16 yrs. to being unemployed for 4 1/2 months. Starting a new job and moving to a different town. I have always been a stress eater so have gained a lot of wait back. It is now time to change this I need to lose at least 15 lbs. which will be leave me weighing more. But will be a good weight for me. Can't afford new clothes so decided it was cheaper and easier to lose the weight.