Panniculus before and afters!?

Hi everyone!

I am down 80 lbs now and, at 223 and 5'7" I still have a way to go! Though my panniculus has shrunk and lifted, I'd really love if you could share your before and after panniculus photos so those of us dealing with it can know what to expect and be inspired! :D<3

Replies

• SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    I Googled what that was and saw some scary pics (like burn victims) but then also some pics of a saggy belly. Is that what you mean?
  • SassyMoonbeams
    SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member
    Zoise wrote: »
    I Googled what that was and saw some scary pics (like burn victims) but then also some pics of a saggy belly. Is that what you mean?

Ahhh really? :o It's the saggy tummy flap I meant, yes.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member

It's the medical term for a saggy belly. There is also apparently 5 grades to it.
    Grade 1: barely covers the pubic hairline
    Grade 2: Extends to cover the genitalia
    Grade 3: Extends to cover the upper thigh
    Grade 4: Extends to cover the mid thigh.
    Grade 5: Extends to cover the knees or beyond

Sorry, OP. I don't have any pictures of mine. Looking through my pictures, it looks like I avoided taking pictures of it.

I will say though, you can tell it's there in a few of my older pics even with my shorts pulled over it and now you can't tell if I'm dressed at all. I don't think I ever had any worse than a Grade 1 though.
  • SassyMoonbeams
    SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member

It's the medical term for a saggy belly. There is also apparently 5 grades to it.

Sorry, OP. I don't have any pictures of mine. Looking through my pictures, it looks like I avoided taking pictures of it.

I will say though, you can tell it's there in a few of my older pics even with my shorts pulled over it and now you can't tell if I'm dressed at all. I don't think I ever had any worse than a Grade 1 though.

Thank you for posting that :smile:

I can understand why you avoided it LOL. I have taken some as I am going to do a halfway to goal post soon. I think mine was maybe a 1.7 when I started and is now a 1. Has the fat in yours gone away and is there just like loose w-shaped wrinkly skin? I guess I'd like to know how much it lifts and retracts.
  • barefootcassie
    barefootcassie Posts: 27 Member
    I still have a long way to go. I would say I'm at a grade 2. I'm curious as to how much I can expect it to lift and retract as well.
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    I have one too, I was told by my GP that it's only really corrected by surgery. I am sure you can minimize it by fat loss.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member

Thank you for posting that :smile:

I can understand why you avoided it LOL. I have taken some as I am going to do a halfway to goal post soon. I think mine was maybe a 1.7 when I started and is now a 1. Has the fat in yours gone away and is there just like loose w-shaped wrinkly skin? I guess I'd like to know how much it lifts and retracts.

Mine still has some fat. I still have about 30lbs or so to lose though. I don't know if mine will ever go away. I've had 2 c-sections and it's hard to say what my stomach is going to do after being sliced twice down there.

Here's my first comparison shot.

Green shorts = Nov 19
    Jeans = tonight

aw2tfaw7yh4s.jpg
    yhgq7tygid1q.jpg

I think it looks a little better than it did last month, but there is definitely still some fat there.

• well @shadow2soul‌ I think you have done a great job and I am sure with exercise it will all tighen up
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    I'm hoping mine will tighten up after toning, my own fault for being obese my whole life and waiting 26 years to sort it out.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Mine went from a 2 to a 1. I did have pics but unfortunately my SD card decided to malfunction, so I lost my pics.
  • SwampWitch75

Interesting! I'm Grade 1.

OP, I am 99% sure there is a thread on here called Mummy Tummy or something like that with some before and afters.
  • SwampWitch75
    I can't remember if this is it or just another one but here you go: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1217776
  • kiwi_gros
    kiwi_gros Posts: 30 Member
    Very interesting information, though not enough weight load for me to post anything i will bump it! !!!
  • .*
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    i've got a grade 2. long way to go. likely i'll need a panniculectomy (surgery). sorry, i don't have pics!
  • Tuliper1
    Tuliper1 Posts: 59 Member
    edited December 2014
    Google "tri-polar radiofrequency stomach before and after."
    http://revolution-beauty.co.uk/our-services/tripolar-radiofrequency-slimming. Scroll down to see some images here. Much less invasive than surgery, if the issue is grade 1ish.

• lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    I felt that because of my age and that I had only held my extra fat for a relatively short amount of time, that I've been dished an unlucky amount so far but I'm still only a Grade 1. To know that the grades go to 5 makes me very thankful!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    You cannot "ungrow" skin. Plastic surgery is the only way to get rid of it. I had a ton after losing 200 pounds. Here is a before/after plastic surgery of me.

beforeandoneyearout_zpsf1ea094b.jpg
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    That is incredible. 200 lbs?!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Laura8603 wrote: »
    You cannot "ungrow" skin. Plastic surgery is the only way to get rid of it. I had a ton after losing 200 pounds. Here is a before/after plastic surgery of me.

beforeandoneyearout_zpsf1ea094b.jpg

Laura that was very brave of you to post those pictures on here. Amazing weight loss job you should be extremely proud of yourself.......by the smile in your profile pic you are. Congrats I am very happy for you.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!