Coke the Devil

so my new healthy eating has started which means I am now longer drinking Diet coke or fat coke. Its only been about 20 hours and my head is banging all I want to do it go and get an ice cold can but I wont. Any one had any issue with giving up ??????? regards x

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    No reason to give it up. Drink it in moderation.

What is "fat coke"?
  • Normal coke the red can lol, I don't seem to be able to do moderation unfortunately
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    You are "detoxing" from it....your body has become dependent on it. You don't have to give it up to lose weight. But it really isn't good for your body....(says a girl who never liked soda).
  • lifebettergreen
    lifebettergreen Posts: 1 Member
    It's just sugar water - after a couple of days of drinking water your body will forget you needed it. GOOD LUCK FRIEND.
  • threefancy35
    threefancy35 Posts: 21 Member
    What's wrong with Diet Coke?
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    healthy eating should limit your processed sugar intake to 25g per day. A single coke has over 40g. Diet pop is almost as bad because it tricks your brain into thinking it is getting sugar. When it realizes it is not getting any then it will crave it and you will probably wind up eating more sugar later. That's why a lot of overweight people who drink diet drinks with artificial sweeteners do not lose weight.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Lost 121 pounds drinking diet coke/pepsi. :p
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Stopping cold turkey means your body is going into caffeine withdrawal. Either push through it or start out and lessen the intake over the course of a week. Sometimes the body doesn't like to be shocked like that, but if you've already started the withdrawal, push through it. I did!
  • I hope I turn into a water addict :)
  • Junk_Trap
    Junk_Trap Posts: 8 Member
    Try drinking tea so you can get some caffeine. Unfortunately the fake sugar chemicals are quite habit forming and cause awful withdrawal symptoms when you stop. Good luck.
  • peter7361
    peter7361 Posts: 20 Member
    Have a bottle of water with you at all times. When you feel like you need a coke, have a sip of water. After a few days, you won't miss coke at all. I gave up soda several years ago and never went back. The first few days were tough (major sugar withdrawals) but beyond that, it's been easy to keep away from the sugary drinks. Keep at it and good luck.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    esjones12 wrote: »
    You are "detoxing" from it....your body has become dependent on it. You don't have to give it up to lose weight.

This. If you decided not to drink any you will feel fine again in a day or two. If it gets annoying taking excedrin will help if it's a caffeine withdrawal headache. (because excedrin contains caffeine)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Does Coke have caffeine?
    If so, it is probably caffeine withdrawal. Weaning yourself off it, or working your way through the next couple of days of headaches will see you through.
    You don't have to give it up, drink it in moderation so it fits in your calorie goals.

Happy holidays, h.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    I haven't had a soda in bout 2 months.... I lost count sometime after 40days... I lose 10lbs just by not drinking it... and I feel better... for the pounding in ur head just take some pain meds and drink water.. maybe have a cup of coffee/tea for the caffine... you will get through it!
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    I have nothing to add, except this.
    mdc-metal_devil_cokes.jpg
  • Thanks guys I am going to stick with the head ache and fight thought it x
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Diet coke in moderation. I drink it most days and I'm losing. Also I understand a good tip for long distance running is to drink flat diet coke before heading out.. Not tried it yet but the advice was from a very ultra runner. Also I've not been convinced by any supposed 'scientific ' evidence.... But each to their own.... Now... Full fat coke is an issue for me.. So high in sugar and the calorie intake is just wasted on me.. I'd rather have a pint of diet coke and a sandwich :-) (apologies this doesn't really answer your post, but I don't think you need to quit anything in order to lose weight)
    Good luck with it
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    I thought we were talking about cocaine....
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    so my new healthy eating has started which means I am now longer drinking Diet coke or fat coke. Its only been about 20 hours and my head is banging all I want to do it go and get an ice cold can but I wont. Any one had any issue with giving up ??????? regards x

Sounds like caffeine withdrawal. It can last two weeks. It's worth it, though....(at least it was for me...)