January Running Challenge

Hi everyone. This is a continuation from the December Running Challenge.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10027418/december-running-challenge/p1

Anyone can join in. New & Old. Here the details from last month that applies here again.

Anybody want to join me for a running challenge? Set a goal here and mark it every day here. OPTIONAL: You can post your progress by creating a ticker at http://www.tickerfactory.com (If creating ones seems difficult, then don't let that stop you. Just type in your daily miles here.)

You can run, walk, or do treadmill. Just be consistent. I am setting a goal for 200 miles. Don't let that worry you. Some can do 25, 50; whatever you like. We can help motivate each other. What do you say? if you are new to running, set a low goal.

You can set your goal now but wait until Thursday January 1st 2015 to log your runs.

Info on tickers since I know there will be questions. Sign up for an account http://www.tickerfactory.com and create your ticker.
Then you need to update it after you do a run and post it here. Here is what you will need to do.

After setting up your ticker, you will need to make note of the weblink they give you so you can return. An example would be:

http://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/w6K1EiX/ <<<< the last part will be a part of the image link (explained below) that will be supplied to you after you initially create your link.

When you return to TickerFactory with the weblink, go to your settings page. Make sure you type your pin in that you set when you created your ticker account.
Then where it says "Your current cumlative value, there is an add button. Just add what you just did and the cumlative value automatically changes. Then hit next.

Now after you added your new miles (or km's) to your ticker you need to post it here.

After you hit next, it will give you a bunch of codes suggesting on how to display your ticker.
Use the one at the bottom where it says Direct Image URL:

It will look something like:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png

To display that correctly in your post, make sure you place the img tags around that link. So it will look, (removing the spaces in the img tags):

[ img ] http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6K1EiX/exercise.png [ /img ]

^^^^^^^ Don't forget to remove the spaces between the brackets. ^^^^^^^^^^

Some key things to pay attention to when posting your ticker.

1: Use the link that ends in .png
2. Remember the [ img] and [ /img] tags go in between the link
3. remove the spaces in the img tags before posting
4. YES, there is a / in the second /img tag

Also, don't forget to join our group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

There you find lots of good info, and it's a place where everyone can talk to each other for further motivation. It's also a place to find help when there is a problem with this thread.

Good luck! And happy running (or walking or treadmilling, ect). If you have any trouble or have questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stan

Replies

• briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Yay! I just posted in the December thread that I was looking forward to the January one. :D

I am going to go for 100 miles again. Then maybe up it for Feb!
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    edited December 2014
    Awesome! I am in again! Lowering my goal however: the belly is growing and it's definitely getting harder to run longer distances, and I will be traveling overseas in January. So 65 miles it is! If I exceed the goal, I won't be too upset :D

Here is my ticker (indicative of the baby I'm having :# )

exercise.png
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    My goal for 2015 is 2,000 miles.... so my goal for January is 170 miles.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    I am just starting running again after a respiratory infection so I am looking at 25 miles for January.
  • threefancy35
    threefancy35 Posts: 21 Member
    My goal is 100 miles for January.
  • katiemomma62810
    katiemomma62810 Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    What an awesome group! I'm new here. Hoping to hit 50 miles running and add in swimming and biking!

exercise.png

• sarabigod
    sarabigod Posts: 16 Member
    I'm in again!! Increasing my goal to 30 miles (from 24 in December).

exercise.png
  • This is my first time so my goal is 25 in January. Would be more but i can't workout on Sundays or Wednesday.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    In for 75!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Woot! I'm back and training for a half marathon. Declaring 65 for January.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    My goal is 60 miles. Just trying to stay consistent before half marathon training starts in February.
  • kmahent
    kmahent Posts: 10 Member
    My goal is 50 km. I will start in january.
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Goin' for 75 miles. That's a 33% increase over last month; a lot more challenging. I'm looking forward to posting success :smiley:
  • khearron26
    khearron26 Posts: 171 Member
    Beginning to run! I'm starting low with 25, and maybe February I'll be able to make it higher :)

exercise.png
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Doing the Higdon HM training program. If I calculated correctly I'm scheduled for 72 this month. I had to ramp down from 75m in November to 35m in December after an injury. I may take an occasional rest extra rest day until I'm sure I'm 100%. I'm going to set my goal at 60.
  • xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    My goal is to do a run streak for January by running at least 1 mile every day. My distance goal is 60 miles.

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    I believe my foot is healed up enough to start running again. I have some new shoes, properly fitted and all that good stuff. I'm so excited! This is my goal per my training plan for the Heartland 39.3 series of 3 half marathons; 4/11, 4/18 and 5/9. My first run is a 4 miler on 1/1 to see how my foot and new shoes feel, and will go from there.

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited December 2014
    Awesome! I am in again! Lowering my goal however: the belly is growing and it's definitely getting harder to run longer distances, and I will be traveling overseas in January. So 65 miles it is! If I exceed the goal, I won't be too upset :D

Here is my ticker (indicative of the baby I'm having :# )

exercise.png

PINK???!!!!

I'm in for 50 this month - hopefully my pains will GO AWAY!

Thanks for setting us up Stan!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Setting my goal for 55 this month. Same as last month but I am adding more biking so don't think I am ready to increase running this month. Had been thinking of a 2015 goal of 1000, but might be too much for me, since I just started running in July. Also my daughter might do a half marathon in NYC- the Nike one - if it is held there. Apparently they haven't announced where it will be yet in the spring. So if it is held there, I may go visit her and do it too, so I would start a half marathon training plan at some point soon! It's all up in the air as you can see, except I will run 55 this month! :wink:
    -
    -
    exercise.png
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Setting my goal for January at 60 miles which is a bit lower than last month because I'm having a week out this month to go skiing. I'm also setting myself a goal of 1000 miles for 2015.
    Happy 2015 to you all.
This discussion has been closed.