When you veer of course?

TopazCutie
TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
Today I had planned to have salmon and veggies for dinner. Well long story short I had pizza instead... so should I just call it a night? or have a healthier snack before bed to get back in the "zone"?

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Here's what I would do. If I wanted/needed a snack, I would definitely make it a healthy one. If I did not want/need the snack, I would skip it and worry about tomorrow's meal tomorrow. Either way, my next meal or snack would be healthy.

By the way, I don't think there is anything bad (out of the "zone") about eating pizza, and the only reason why I don't eat it as often as I like is because the place I like to get it from is not close enough to me. It only becomes a bad idea when you over-indulge.
  • TopazCutie
    TopazCutie Posts: 386 Member
    Here's what I would do. If I wanted/needed a snack, I would definitely make it a healthy one. If I did not want/need the snack, I would skip it and worry about tomorrow's meal tomorrow. Either way, my next meal or snack would be healthy.

By the way, I don't think there is anything bad (out of the "zone") about eating pizza, and the only reason why I don't eat it as often as I like is because the place I like to get it from is not close enough to me. It only becomes a bad idea when you over-indulge.

By out of the zone I meant that it wasn't planned for at all
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Log it and forget about it. If you want a snack later, have one. Otherwise, save the calories for another day.
  • TopazCutie wrote: »

By out of the zone I meant that it wasn't planned for at all

So you're saying that you don't allow any flexibility in your diet?

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member

Couldn't have said it better. +1

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Except for the excess sodium, pizza is actually pretty healthy.
This discussion has been closed.